Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ordering clear skies?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I tried Amazon on Monday and they don't deliver to Cambridge so I guess Doncaster is out of their area too.

In the same situation too... brand new scope waiting in my lounge for some action ;-(

Got a TAL125r here waiting for first light as well - so frustrated! Still, bbc weather forecast seems to hint that there may be some potental late monday early tuesday and again late tuesday. And we all know how reliable the bbc forecast is... .

I think this may have something to do with the dovetail bar I ordered, purchased the losmandy instead of the vixen by accident. I'm sure the clouds are merely waiting until I have the correct dovetail bar delivered, which should be some time next week with any luck.

I'm sure there should have been clear nights yesterday and today, as I am waiting for delivery of my NexStar 4SE.. That is due on Monday so I'm guessing no clear skies for at least a week for me. I asked the same question in my 'welcome' post on Thursday, I don't think anyone found a supplier who could guarantee delivery though.

When I got my first scope it arrived at the same time as a week of clear night skies.. fantastic

However now is just terrible... All I want to do is get long enough to see if I collimated the scope correctly (actually I lie, I want 4 or 5 hours or glorious clear dark skies so I can get out and use it but I not going to say that). Please can I have 20 minutes of clear dark skies??

sorry, little confused here . I thought this was stargazing.

Stargazing (verb)

the act of searching internet forums and comunicating with like minded people (often referred to as stargazers or amatuer astronomers) about the universe and the various instruements used to observe said universe.

now you tell me I can actually do the observing?

I'm so confused.....

I have been waiting for the clear skies I ordered for over a month now. It appears that they are going to be delivered when I go on holiday to Spain tomorrow.

Where I will not have access to my telescope! :BangHead:

:lol:

Archived