Hello from Charlotte, NC (TV-102)

SkyJoy

Greetings, Earthlings and wanna-be's!

I moved to Charlotte from Delaware about 5 years ago. I bought a Televue TV-102 and used it maybe twice before I had to pack everything up and move. I remember I found Jupiter and it was just, so amazing. I ran upstairs to wake up those who were sleeping, demanding they come look and come NOW! :p

My gear has remained dormant these long years but cries out, so I'm going to restart my efforts to make use of what was, at the time, a pretty highly rated scope. If anyone has any advice on it, feel free to post or PM me.

I'm going to try to attend my local astronomy club's next meeting and perhaps even the star party, so maybe I will see some of you soon :)

Oh, if anyone near me has an unused CG-5, please PM me. My counterweight bar seems to be missing and I'm not sure how to proceed. I'll be calling Celestron again on Monday since they were off on Friday. Hopefully they can sell parts of current-production mounts besides just the ones listed on their web site :/

Take care.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi SkyJoy and welcome to the Lounge. Celestron are a big concern & should have the backup to replace most telescope parts. If not, I am sure I am sure there is some one in the Lounge to point you in the right direction.

cheers

Steve

Archived