Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gidday from NZ

pixelsaurus

Hi,

I'm Mike and I live in Otaki, a small rural town on the North Island of NZ. After several decades of inactivity due to work and other commitments, I am in the process of refurbishing a 14.3" Newtonian that a mate and I built some 30 years ago. My primary interest is photography and am looking forward to using video for planetary work. When it is not cloudy or raining, the night sky here is not too shabby considering it is not quite rural. Despite that, I have not had a great deal of luck with solar/lunar eclipses of late and the recent transit was all but clouded and rained out. I'm hoping the weather gods will smile on Nov 13 when NZ will experience a partial solar eclipse. Cheers.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Mike and welcome to the SGL.

Perhaps when you finish your project, you might consider broadcasting live observations on the Night Sky Network. It would be nice to see some views of the southern skies If you don't know about the site, check it out at http://www.nightskiesnetwork.com/

Wishing you many clear, dark nights and fun on the forums here.

Archived