Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Im forever blowing bubbles...

Quatermass

At long long last the skies cleared above Suffolk and one very happy astro photographer was able to get out under the stars again. I stayed out there in my garden till 3pm loving every minute of it and worked on the bubble nebula. Its a little bit too near the area where the town lights are but despite that managed to get a reasonable result from a stack of 80 subs at 75 seconds each ISO 800 plus 60 darks flats and bias.

The bubble nebula is very cool and it really does look like a big bubble as well. Looks like another clear night to come as well and its been a glorious sunny day hoooray summer is coming at last.:)

This was the 200p version from last night..

Bubble%2520Nebula%2520200p%2520master%2520image%2520copy.jpg

And the Evostar ed80 version from a few weeks ago...

bubble%2520nebula%2520evostar%2520master%2520image%2520copy.jpg

And a black and white version...

Bubble%2520nebula%2520bw.JPG

Thank you Bunnygod modding the cannon 350d is not really that hard to do once you have made your mind up to do it. It took me 5 hours as my eyesight is not that great these days, the worst bit is the ribbon cables that are very small and fiddly to remove and put back again. I got the canon second hand so if it did go wrong the cost would not have been too bad. It does make a big difference to the amount of detail you can pick up.

Cheers

No I don't have an mpcc just getting over the cost of the ed80 and focal reducer but that is why I frame things of interest right in the center of the frame when doing imaging with the 200p.

Ahhh, I can understand - an ED80 and FF/FR can quickly empty your wallet :(

But still worth every penny.

My bank accounts always running on empty now :(

Really lovely images Mark :) And yes, the red mod on DSLR makes a huge difference.

Thank you Gina he he yes the old bank account has suffered greatly at the mercy of this wonderful past time but its so worth it.:)

I egged QM on for ages about modding his 350d :(

Looks really good mate, I do like the ED80 version. Shows the wider area up very well.

Yes thank you for egging me on there Spiky it was scary but very worth doing :)

I'm loving the 200P Image, lovely colours.

The coma doesn't bother me, I've learned to visually filter it out : )

I might have to retire from imaging for the summer. The late nights and lack of targets in my FOV are hurting me. Much of the interesting stuff like the bubble is too far east for me to image as houses are blocking the view

Nice work QM, how goes the HEQ5 Pro savings pot ?

Hi Badger

Retire from imaging after just getting an heq5 what what! How about Cygnus there's lots there to be imaging?

Heq5 has taken another step back gas bills and other household expenses had to take presidency unfortunately. Its my birthday in August so might get lucky then I hope.

And with the fishing season fast approaching I will be selling off some of my fishing gear to boast the funds. Nice to have some sunshine for a change and had a few good clear nights as well. Tonight I will give the Crescent Nebula a try but have not soldered on my st4 port on to my replaced dual axis motor kit as the other one burned out on me couldnt take the pace ha..

QM Your images just get better & better every time I see them.

Les.

Thats very kind of you Starlight but funny enough last night I was really stumped on what to do and kind of just sat there looking around all night. I was considering getting in the car and going out to hunt down the trifid but it was such a lovely warm evening I just enjoyed sitting there looking at the stars. Its not always about having the camera going sometimes it nice to just take it all in. I was fine until next door neighbours cat ran past my leg and scared the b jesus out of me:eek:

lol I swear there's a conspiracy with cats.

Great shot QM, one of my personal favourites of the night sky and always look out for snaps of it :) this and the Eskimo neb.

I would say, if i may to do with the framing, the glob is cut out a bit, i'm sure you noticed.:( Please don't take this the wrong way. It is a great capture and process :icon_salut:just trying to help mate and look forward to many more of ye shots.

Cygnus is dead to me, as is all the stuff that far east by dark.

After posting, I decided to go and get the scope out regardless, I'll take a crack at the sunflower galaxy tonight I think.

I'm sending telepathic waves to Mrs QM to make sure she knows what you want for your birthday : )

Really like both versions QM. Do I detect a slight hint of spikes on the ED80 version?:(

I had a quick go at the bubble with my 350D a while ago when it had just cleared my house, only just got the Bubble on the edge of the field so I'll make a better job of it next time:)

lol I swear there's a conspiracy with cats.

Great shot QM, one of my personal favourites of the night sky and always look out for snaps of it :) this and the Eskimo neb.

I would say, if i may to do with the framing, the glob is cut out a bit, i'm sure you noticed.:) Please don't take this the wrong way. It is a great capture and process :icon_salut:just trying to help mate and look forward to many more of ye shots.

Cheers Glen I am not a fan of cats tonight my dog is coming out with me to keep them away. Yes I did cut out the glob a bit but that is because I wanted the bubble in the centre as I get a bit of coma on the edges. Tonight should be fun loving these warm nights, must be time to go night fishing soon as well.:(

Cygnus is dead to me, as is all the stuff that far east by dark.

After posting, I decided to go and get the scope out regardless, I'll take a crack at the sunflower galaxy tonight I think.

I'm sending telepathic waves to Mrs QM to make sure she knows what you want for your birthday : )

Better put some tin foil on your head as well badger to make the vibes even stronger good luck with the sunflower a lovely galaxy that one.:(

Really like both versions QM. Do I detect a slight hint of spikes on the ED80 version?:(

I had a quick go at the bubble with my 350D a while ago when it had just cleared my house, only just got the Bubble on the edge of the field so I'll make a better job of it next time:)

He he yes there may be a tiny touch of ye old spikes on the ed80 shot I just cant get rid of my love for spikes and round stars just dont quite do it for me yet :)

Archived