Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

some DSO's from last night

mindburner

I managed to get some images done last night with the Meade & Canon 1100D. Most images 40 x 2 mins subs, with darks, bias subtracted flats.

It's about my third attempt at imaging.

I am having some trouble with purple halos around brighter stars, although I can remove most of it with PS, it's annoying.

Not sure if it's the Meade refractor, modded canon or the BaaderIR filter. Any one else have similar problems?

Thanks

Blackeye galaxy

DPP_0001.JPG

DPP_0003.JPG

DPP_0008.JPG

Needle Galaxy (Tiff looks a lot better)

DPP_0007.JPG

M27 Dumbell

DPP_0005.JPG

DPP_0006.JPG

NGC4725

DPP_0004.JPG

It could be a stacking problem with red halos. Where do you stack?

Galaxies are also a bit too reddish. May be you can work a bit on color calibration

Mark

i'm using nebulosity and DSS the odd time. The modded camera does give colour issues and there can be a lot of red to remove, especially in light polluted skies.

very nice set of images what a busy night that was.

it was a bit of marathon, I managed to get out the night before for a short while before the clouds came in. It's knowing what makes good targets to image, saves time. I was looking around for a list of good summer images to try for. The cocoon nebula looks like a nice target for next time, plus I may revisit m101 as my last image was very noisy

Cracking photos!

To help with your problems...

a) FLO do a Baader Neodymium filter that is wide band and helps with lunar,planetary, and light pollution. It's well spoken of.

:headbang: When you said the .tiff is better, don't save in .jpg; there's less data loss if you save in .png

HTH :)

hi Squeaky

yes I already use the Baader filter as my camera is full spectrum.

Very good advice on the png's. I have managed to up load some .png's on my web site at

www.mindburner.co.uk

then click on astronomy images

I also adjusted the colour levels a bit

Glad to be of help. Did you notice any difference between a given .jpg and its .png?

Off to have a look...

..Wow!

Richard

Glad to be of help. Did you notice any difference between a given .jpg and its .png?

Off to have a look...

..Wow!

Richard

hi yes the png is generally a lot better. I usually use Picassa to host images and it's jpeg only I think, so must find a new home for images as my Virgin Media site has zero space left with my music stuff on it as well.

hi Squeaky

yes I already use the Baader filter as my camera is full spectrum.

Very good advice on the png's. I have managed to up load some .png's on my web site at

www.mindburner.co.uk

then click on astronomy images

I also adjusted the colour levels a bit

Yeahbut - you have it listed as a Baader IR filter. I was thinking of this one...

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/light-pollution-reduction/baader-neodymium-filter.html

Flippin heck.....you have sure been busy..

It would have taken me a month to have captured anything like this many images!

I'm sorely tempted to ditch the CCD and go back to a DSLR...it seems like a much more productive approach!

Flippin heck.....you have sure been busy..

It would have taken me a month to have captured anything like this many images!

I'm sorely tempted to ditch the CCD and go back to a DSLR...it seems like a much more productive approach!

hi thanks for that. I was thinking of going for a CCD as the noise on DSLR's just seesm too much. They are great though and easy to use. I fancied the ATIK 314L or the QHY8, both sem great cameras with low noise

Archived