Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who has got clear skies predicted for tonight ?

sanmatt

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arghhh, it was clearish, and could see Venus, so I got the scope out, before I'd found it and lined it up and everything, clouds started to come in, started spitting and just after I got back indoors it was pouring it down ;).

Update in York is deceiving skies! Looks clear, Venus very clear in the NW sky which is a lovely hue of blue, however the moon in the SE horizon is just murky and behind lots of high mist.

Very disappointing as initially it looks clear, but clarity will be disappointing. I'm leaving it till 11pm latest - if it's not clear by then she's coming back

in!

So frustrating. All I want is 5 minutes with my new accessories, even if it's just to view our moon... Too much to ask?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloudy in Swindon, that makes 14 nights on the trot and only one clear night in three weeks. I have been wanting to try a Meade two inch eye piece out, maybe it is jinked?

Peter

An update to earlier... scope now brought in, moon is just a blur of light and its quite clear to see the huge swathes of high-level misty cloud which would ruin any seeing.

Back in with some wine and bed soon. Written off tonight and hope for more accurate forecasting very soon! It has literally been over a month since I've been out. Patience is certainly a virtue!

I suppose saying that the forecast for tomorrow is good as well is pushing it a bit... :eek:

Handy that Orkney's clear night for this year falls on a bank holiday weekend, I guess ;)

James

You know, even though the cloud was majorly patchy, and there were only some breaks, I got to try out my new scope, saw about 8 stars in a tiny FOV with my 25mm, looked so good, just tiny points of light, but absolutely beautiful. I put up with it for about an hour, but it was worth it for that small view. Can't wait to see what a real clear sky looks like.

Well the BBC cast has just said it will be clear here in Brum about 11ish.At the moment there seems to be breaks appearing in the cloud so fingys crossed again.

One of the last times i was out it was thick cloud at about 8 O' clock,by 8.30 it was breaking up so i went out took some photos of the clouds with the stars peering through.

I went back in for 5 minutes,then went back out and it was completely clear,i couldn't believe it.So i am now hoping this will happen tonight.

Just trying to be positive really:eek:

Archived