Back again to stay, hopefully!!!!

Bass

Since I took up astronomy a couple of years back I've had little time to see much ofthe night skies, mostly due to health issues. "010 cancer scare, thankfully it was only a scare, then I had to have leg /foot surgery which kept me chair /bed bound for months. Then as I was recovering from the surgery towards Christmas last year I had an heart attack which ended with a double bypass in March:(.

Now, I'm starting to get around a lot better than I have in the past year or two I want to get to see the night sky through my scopes and bino's and not a window just wishing.

Problem with Orkney, as those who know will tell you, we don't get much dark during the summer.

But a good start was made last week with a good look at Saturn!

Who knows after summer I might even get a full winter of stars, planets and Mooon:icon_scratch:.

Hi Bass

Congratulation so happy for you, went through a bit of a scare 18 months ago

makes you look at life a different way pleased you are back with us

best wishes

Doug

Hi Bass and welcome to SGL.

My Mother had a similar op about a year ago. Took her about 6 months to fully get over it tho. Now she plays chase with the grandkids and doesn,t break a sweat and she's 76!

Nice to have you with us.

Clear skies

Luke

Welcome back to the forum Bass. As you see, we have grown in numbers a great deal since you were last here, so many more friends to help and advise should you need it.

I's great your health is now OK too, and I hope it remains so.

Astronomy can be a very therapeutic activity, as long as ones Blood Pressure can cope with the frustrations it sometimes can be, with poor, or no seeing for weeks on end. You just have to cope with the vagaries of UK's indecisive weather, and you'll be OK.

Best Wishes :hello2:.

Ron.

hi ya bass, two things .

sorry to hear of the bad luck on the health side, best wishes to you on that.

secondly, i wont feel sorry for you when it comes to your skies ! :) orkney, surely a paradise for astronomy (barr the clouds) . must have some great milky way views ?

welcome back by the way :hello2:

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and warm wishes. It really is great to be back. Even though we are getting close to that light time here there's still some nights left. Weather permitting I hope to make the most of them. Still not allowed to lift the heavy stuff but fortunately for me I have a great wife who's into weight lifting!

Archived