NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not the the best, but..

No problem with you using the link to ask a question (assuming that you are not the seller !).

I'd have to advise that you save your money for something better though. Zooms like the Hyperion are pretty good but a £30 one is not going to do your scope any favours to be honest.

The 30 degree field of view at the 21mm setting will be like looking down a narrow tube as well.

Your £30 would be better spent on a single decent eyepiece like a Vixen NPL or put towards a BST Explorer in my view.

Zoom eyepieces are supposed to be a bit variable in quality, especially at the lower end of the market. I've bought something from that seller in the past without a problem.

James

I considered a similar EP (sold by Teleskop-Service and Robtics) for the kids' scope (something I wouldn't have a fit over if they dropped it :hello2:). When I saw the field of view, I thought the better of it, and got them a couple of cheap but quite decent plossls (they do not wear glasses, after all).

Many thanks Gents

All comments noted, I did think "jack of all trades..." thay also have this.. for the same price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-25-F11mm-Untra-Wide-80-Degree-Eyepiece-for-Telescope-/140595228171?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item20bc20ee0b

MODS, noted on the post of ebay. and I am not the seller, many thanks all.

As the TAL-2 is an F/8 scope, it might be OK, but even then the outer part of the field of view might show seagull shaped stars. Remember, 80 deg FOV is a lot, and most good ultra wide angle EPs cost the earth. In that price bracket, I would go for an EP with a more modest field of view, but of better correction.

Many thanks Gents

All comments noted, I did think "jack of all trades..." thay also have this.. for the same price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-25-F11mm-Untra-Wide-80-Degree-Eyepiece-for-Telescope-/140595228171?pt=UK_Photography_Telescopes&hash=item20bc20ee0b

to give you an idea of wfov i paid £140 for my 16mm 82 deg nirvana and all though it is apperently as good as a tv nagler it is still classed as i med price e.p. as they say you do get what you pay for. just dont want you to waste your money

Many thanks Gents

Noted that you are not the seller :hello2:

Here is a review from way back of a very similar eyepice:

http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=1177

I used to use the Japanese version of these called the Widescan III. Nice at F/10 but loads of outer field distortion at F/6.5.

I had this eyepiece and it actually worked quite well in a slow scope such as a MAK or SCT. However in anything faster distortions became pretty bad.

I tried it in my f/4.5 dob and the view was interesting to say the least and reminded me of those awful special effects in bad old sci-fi films. :hello2:

John

I had this eyepiece and it actually worked quite well in a slow scope such as a MAK or SCT. However in anything faster distortions became pretty bad.

I tried it in my f/4.5 dob and the view was interesting to say the least and reminded me of those awful special effects in bad old sci-fi films. :hello2:

John

So should be ok in a Tal 2 refractor (im guessing f11).

Archived