Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

intro

grey

Hi everyone

I'm new here and look forward to interacting as i have been bitten long ago by the astronomy bug.

I have 2 scopes, a home made 6inch newt and an Orion 10inch Astrograph f/3.9. Looking at taking a crack at astro photography and just enjoying looking up. This is by far, the best hobby anyone could get into, especially if you have kids, as i do, 21b/15g/13b. It blows them away whenever i break out the scopes and show them the wonders of this absolutely amazing universe of ours.

anyhow, that's my intro... looking forward to "meeting" you all!

clear skies

Joe :(

Thanks everyone... great to be here!

I've got a couple of things i want to discuss, i guess i'll be posting in equipment first off... wanna know what people think about scope types... i.e. Mak-Newts , Newts RC's ,etc... not really into SCT's but that's another story.

look forward to some heated debates on the matter.. lol:evil6:

Thanks everyone... great to be here!

I've got a couple of things i want to discuss, i guess i'll be posting in equipment first off... wanna know what people think about scope types... i.e. Mak-Newts , Newts RC's ,etc... not really into SCT's but that's another story.

look forward to some heated debates on the matter.. lol:evil6:

Welcome aboard!

Great to see you have the family interested in the stars above Joe, tiss a great hobby to get them interested in one of the oldest sciences known.

Plenty to be said and talked about in the relevant sub forums concerning scope types, and I'm sure peeps would like to see your scopes in DIY section:)

but that said.

spoons left at the door please :(

Archived