Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delayed process of Kielder star party 2012 DSOs Part2

robbieince

hi guys

More images from my Spring Kielder star party haul.

They are all taken with my Orion Optics AG8 astrograph, working at F3.8, mounted on an EQ6 Pro, Auto-guided using PHD via a SX off axis guider and my Atik 16IC guide camera. The main imaging camera is a monochrome Artemis 4021, shooting through Astronomic 2 inch filters in my SX 2 inch filter wheel.

M99 and friends - LRGB - 70mins in 14x5 mins exposures in L and 5x5 mins exposures in RGB each channel - binned 2x2

M99 - L channel from above shown as monochrome - I think the RGB is too soft - and prefer the L - what do you think?

NGC2903 - LRGB - 50mins in L - 5x10min , RGB 3x10min each channel - I like the barred spiral on this one...

NGC4565 - LRGB - 170mins in L (17x10min exposures), RGB at 3x10min each channel - binned 2x2 - night was poor - seeing was quite soft.

Finally - Markarians chain - LRGB - 80mins in L (8x10 mins) and RGB 3x10mins each channel - binned 2x2

also shown as monochrome in negative to highlight faint fuzzies and again annotated with names and magnitudes - astrometry in AstroArt5 say i can see down to magnitude 20.5!!!!

post-15325-133877769119_thumb.jpg

post-15325-133877769128_thumb.jpg

post-15325-133877769138_thumb.jpg

post-15325-133877769147_thumb.jpg

post-15325-133877769153_thumb.jpg

post-15325-133877769161_thumb.jpg

post-15325-13387776917_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed Mr Ince.. :(

Especially like Markarians chain :D

Congrats on your appearance on Sky At Night May cover disc May 2012 wearing a rather faded green rugby shirt with horizontal flash ... appearing 32.15 seconds from when Patrick Moore says 'star party' ;)

Shame you don't get a word in :p

Ooh I do like your missus hair :p

Hi everyone - thank you all!

Peter - many thanks - I have been imaging with the scope for a while now - the learning curve was quite steep and spacing took a while to get to a point I was happy with as + or - 1mm is a bit restrictive... Collimation I think will be a continual struggle but I think I am getting there....

Spikey - thank you. The scope is very sensitive to out of collimation errors and the primary always needs a tweak after being moved off the mount but it is worth it. I have described it as a pig as it is so demanding and really needs better toiols than I have. i just persevere. I use a v block collimated laser, a cheshire and a lot of tweaking....

all these can be found on my flickr page for the star party at http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiei...081938/detail/

Peter - many thanks - I have been imaging with the scope for a while now - the learning curve was quite steep and spacing took a while to get to a point I was happy with as + or - 1mm is a bit restrictive... Collimation I think will be a continual struggle but I think I am getting there....

Spikey - thank you. The scope is very sensitive to out of collimation errors and the primary always needs a tweak after being moved off the mount but it is worth it. I have described it as a pig as it is so demanding and really needs better toiols than I have. i just persevere. I use a v block collimated laser, a cheshire and a lot of tweaking....

all these can be found on my flickr page for the star party at http://www.flickr.com/photos/robbiei...081938/detail/

+-1mm doesn't give you much to play with, im glad they have designed an adjustable adapter, very useful if you want to use filters with different thicknesses or swap other bits of kit.

Thanks Robbie, In the long term I'm considering upgrading to an AG8. Will be useful having the factory just around the corner :hello2:

Archived