Hello from Wiltshire

laarobbins

Hi there

I'm a member of the Beckington Astronomical Society and occasionally go to the Wiltshire Astronomical Society meetings. I haven't as yet been to any of the WAS events in Lacock as I find the meetings a little unfriendly, are there any other stargazing groups recommended in West Wiltshire/East Somerset?

I have treated myself to a pair of 15x70 bins which I am testing out but need to get a tripod, and hopefully some better weather!

Lou

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lou and welcome to the forum. I have been to a couple of the meetings and found everybody really friendly and so I would definitely recommend that you go at least once to see what it is all about. Astro clubs are made up of different people with different interests and there has been a recent discussion over in the astro lounge of this forum debating the highs and lows of membership. However, very often the people who actually get out there and observe are often the friendliest at the club, so I would certainly give it a try.

Clear skies soon and enjoy the forum,

James

Hi Lou and welcome to SGL.

I agree with James. Try a couple of the WAS events. I'd expect any astro event to have a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I've always found that people are only too pleased to talk about their scopes and stuff and will readily offer for you to have a look through whatever scopes or binos they have set up.

Once you've met a few people from the club I reckon you'll find the meetings a lot friendlier.

Clear skies.

Luke

Archived