Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2 WEEKS AND COUNTING :)

Well as many of you know star party 3.5 is on the 16th,17th and 18th of august and guess what...............................2 weeks tonight will be the first night of the star party!

The misses is baking brownies and blueberry muffins for all! So hope your all hungry!

Just to say thankyou to every one who is attending and im so pleased you could all make it! Im sure its gonna be a fantastic weekend! We have around 20 people attending! Which is great!

I spoke to the campsite today and there are only 3 other pitches booked over the same weekend and we have only booked a total of 14 pitches which leaves 3 spare pitches! (they've kindly booked the whole campsite for us except for the 3 pitches that were already booked)! So if anybody wants to snap up a last minute pitch then please feel free to reply!

See you all soon and hope your all well

Darren :(

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as for SGL 3, I am unable to make this one either, which is a flippin shame, as I also miss the annual Dalby one this month.

The weather put a bit of a dampener on SGL3, although from the reports from that one it did nothing to stop the spirits of anyone, and the comradeship triumphed, as it usually does at these events.

So all you guys who are going to 3.5, I do wish you all the very best of astronomy, fun, imaging, laughter, excitement,and everything that lifts the spirits of the amateur astronomer. Just go there and enjoy yourselves to bits.

I will be in London, but my thoughts will be where you all are, but I won't tell the wife.

Clear, Clear Clear Skies.

Ron.

PS. And don't forget. Hundreds of piccies.

Looking forward to this! and I'm buying a tent this weekend in preparation... :( We were going to let the boys camp and use a local B&B, but we've decided to go the whole hog and buy a bigger tent instead! Just hope Jean's back can cope with it! Anyone used camp beds - they any good? or would one of the thick airbeds be better??

Helen

Just hope Jean's back can cope with it! Anyone used camp beds - they any good? or would one of the thick airbeds be better??

My wife found the airbed better when we camped last year. Although the electric pump couldn't get enough air in, still basically sleeping on the floor. So we had to go and buy a footpump to get the bed firm so not to cripple her back.

She hated the camp bed! But worth noting that neither were brilliant and she couldn't wait to get home to a proper bed.

Hope that helps.

Russ

That helps Russ, thanks! I've seen triple layer airbeds advertised, I think we'll go and have a look/test! At least Salisbury is only 1.5 hours away from home, so if the worst comes to the worst...

Helen

OH MY GOD

so soon

better go through my checklist

1 tent = check

2 campbed = check

3 sleeping bag = umm not yet

4 cooker = umm not yet

5 coolbox (for beer) = umm not yet

6 beer = umm not yet (see 5)

OH MY GOD

so much to do

so little time

See you all there (I`ll be the one whose forgoptten his scope or mount or something)

:(:):lol::lol:

mike

LOL! Hope you dont forget your scope! Looking foward to seeing you all! This is gonna be great! I really cant keep the excitment in! YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Im chuffed also that i set this up! Hope you all enjoy yourselves (as i quietly quiver in the corner like a bundle of nerves)

Darren :(

I can't wait for this one either especially as its going to be my last star party until next year at the very least (baby no 2 on the way). My wife and daughter were going to be coming but somethings turned up that Kate has to go to so I'll be bringing my next door neighbour instead (unless thats a violation of etiquette to bring a non SGL member along?).

On the plus side I won't get woken at 7am after a nights drinking/stargazing by my little girl. On the negative side, my neighbour will probably drink all my beer... :(

James

Yeah......................thanks for that steve! At least i have a reason to top myself now thanks!

Just messing!

(he touches wood as he causiously says this)

Ive been in contact with my dearest friends who predict the weather for pilots ( and i'll have you know theyve been very accurate lately)! The weather is meant to be Clear with cloudy intervals with clear, yet cold nights!

(He now runs out the door in anticipation of being booed and stoned by the unimpressed gatherers) LOL

It'll be great! Im sure of it :(

Teas on you Saturday morning steve! If your coming on the friday that is of course!

Darren

That helps Russ, thanks! I've seen triple layer airbeds advertised, I think we'll go and have a look/test! At least Salisbury is only 1.5 hours away from home, so if the worst comes to the worst...

Helen

Helen

If you can get a Coleman Double comfort Airbed ,these come highly recomended on Camping forums i belong too.Triple layer ones can be fun as they end to[ heavy and roll around a bit.Also you end up with your face very near to the top of the Inner tent which can be a bit claustrophobic

Another tip (sorry for hijacking)

Get some laminate floor underlay foam and place this under your airbed.It will trap the heat and stop condensation on the airbed overnight.

Any more help just ask :(

I'm really going to try to get to this one. I've got the whole week off and maybe, just maybe the new 12" dob will see first light at a decent site :(

stargazer1980 - PM'd you if you didn't see the other thread.

Another tip (sorry for hijacking)

Get some laminate floor underlay foam and place this under your airbed.It will trap the heat and stop condensation on the airbed overnight.

Any more help just ask :(

Good idea!!!!

Archived