Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASDA £2.93 webcam

My power mac g5 just kernel panicked and then GSOD so im out lol gotta get ready for work any whoo :)

I'm assuming that you're using something like Puma or Tiger?

There's a rewrite of the the native OS USB gubbins within OSX in Leopard. You may have better luck with native OSX support for the webcam in Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion.. unfortunately that's Intel only..

Err.. I know something about macs.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got leopard server edition. Done it once wen I was looking for a job on staples site and when I was replying to here. Both with safari. Iv noticed resently it getting progressing ly slow :)

Any one with clear sky's tonight testing them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is the sonix here is the data on it.

The SN9C201 is a high speed USB 2.0 compliant video/audio single-chip processor to pair with the resolution of VGA or 1.3M CMOS image sensor. SN9C201 integrates a USB 2.0 controller, high-performance microcontroller, color-processing engine, high-quality image CODEC interface to provide up to 30fps VGA size or 15 fps 1.3 M size video without compression in high speed mode.

tothetop2.gif;jsessionid=54425AC3746342D7C3C3A6874187F24F

t_features.gif;jsessionid=54425AC3746342D7C3C3A6874187F24F

• 8 or 10 Bit CMOS image raw data input
  • Up to 30fps@VGA or 10 ~ 15fps@1.3M for PC mode video
  • Provide individual R/G/B digital color gains control
  • Provide snapshot function
  • Support lens correction and G1G2 filtering
  • Support pixel offset compensation
  • Support VGA/1.3M CMOS sensor, Hynix 7131R, OmniVision, Pixart 202, Micron 360/1300, Toshiba, … etc
  • Embedded two modes of AE calculation and report
  • Built-in external EEPROM controller for customer V_ID, P_ID, defect pixel compensation and streaming setting
  • Provide internal up to 26 various P_ID in default setting
  • Provide hardware windowing, 1/2, 1/4 scaling function with smooth filter
  • Built-in gamma correction and white balance gain circuit
  • Support operation mode in image quality/frame rate selection
  • USB 1.1/2.0 compliance and support suspend mode
  • USB 4 endpoints: control, isochronous read, bulk read and interrupt read
  • Support video data transfer either in USB isochronous or bulk modes
  • Up to 9 alternated setting for USB isochronous transfer of video data
  • 12MHz crystal and 3.3 volt only
  • 48 pins LQFP package
  • Embedded hardware color DSP and JPEG baseline capability of compression encoder
  • No external memory needed
  • Support general purpose I/O control

Removed two screws holding cam together and was hoping my 1-1/4" to C mount would screw directing into cam lens thread but no :) cam thread is much smaller!

Pics of inside below - the build is very good - round IR block filter behind lens :rolleyes:. Chip imaging area ~3.5mm x 2.5mm for 640 x 480 res - I think.

you may be able to get an M12 threaded adaptor - I got mine (for a boardcam - I must post an article about this later) from scopesnskies.com, but they're available all over the place.

but nice work with the recycled nosepiece !

Do B&Q still do those pipe ends then? I can't see them on their website. Is that the 32mm one?

I got mine from ebay, but they are called

FloPlast, Pushfit, Socket Plug, Black, 32mm and B&Q should have them

I'm finishing off turning an adapter (prototype will be wood)

Once I'm happy with it (as long as it works) I'll either paint it or go with Delrin,

Its taken me about 3 hours so far on the lathe,

So I'll not be making any more unless I have to .. (lol)

Im keeping my eye's on this thread as I never thought of going to B&Q !

Here's my finished Asda polarscope cam. Cost a grand total of £2.45, not including a few dabs of superglue :D. I glued the adapter onto the focusing ring avoiding the fascia of the webcam so hopefully I should be able to focus on the polarscope reticle OK.

It's a bit rough and ready, I ain't got much in the way of DIY skills, but hey, if it works I'll be a happy bunny! :).

post-19904-133877766077_thumb.jpg

post-19904-133877766085_thumb.jpg

Jordan - Brilliant Venus via the Asdacam - well done :)

Got mine going tonight under storm skies ending in heavy rain but not before targeting Mars under Amcap but can't find my video :D

Popped cam into scope and orange donut of Mars sweaked to a tiny sharp disk - I could clearly see a lightish polar cap and greyish shading centrally on laptop - so a good start and will swap to scope's native 3m fl from current 1.2m fl next time:headbang:

Archived