Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASDA £2.93 webcam

Is the shroud for the sensor threaded on the inside? If so it might fit a standard 12mm board lens thread. If it does then a bit of drilling in the front face and it should reassemble to allow an SPC900 nosepiece to fit on.

James

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I enlarge the lid hole [with cam lens removed] then my adapter ring [with blue marker] could make a tight fit - see pic. If loose then the right nut on the inside may work - then rescrew the two halves of cam and lid together - job done :)

post-33671-1338777655_thumb.jpg

Just bought one in duffern store in Newport they have about 20 on shelf. Next to it was a 7.85 one. Apparently it went from 300k pixels to 1300k pixels but is it worth the extra £6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to give mine ago but I currently dont have a windows pc/laptop.

I'm hoping for this too :)

Their currently 1.9somthin so even if their not great their better than anything else this cheap:P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it genuinely is a repackaged Logitech Quickcam then it might be quite acceptable for planetary imaging, though not up to the standard of the SPC900.

Can anyone who has one provide the USB Id? I bet they've not changed it if they're just repackaging it, so that might give us a clue.

James

Just got one of the £7.95 ones,several left but non of the £3 ones. (Chapeltown,Sheffield)

Says its cmos at 1300 pixels (1280 x 1024)

I also got one of the "Lifecams" for £15 will be using the best one for the scope and other for skype !

I had to smile at "do not attempt to disassemble your webcam" .. Errr yeah .. OK

:)

JJ..

Archived