Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASDA £2.93 webcam

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris, yes it's a standard 12mm thread. I got the adapter from the-bitz-store on ebay.

I ended up damaging the case trying to get it apart. Afterwards I realised if you take the scmall screw out of the side first then take the front panel off next the two sides should separate easily.

Once again, not an asda cam. but what yo you all think of this??

post-22812-0-29385000-1341423903_thumb.j

post-22812-0-93262200-1341423918_thumb.j

its a cheap as hell 9MP happy snappy camera that has had the same treatment as the webcam. the idea it that it can take video without havig to take the laptop outside in the cold and damp. just record to SD card and then process later.

place your bets now please as to weather or not it'll work. i can't see any reason why not, but i guess if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.

if i get anything good from it, i'll post it here. if these clougs ever do one that is.

Did you get anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...

What capture software are you using?

I'm using Sharpcap, but it doesn't seem to matter what is used because the camera setup dialogs are the same for every program. The camera says it's a Microsoft one so I'm wondering if there is another driver for this camera that will have more control.

The scope is a NS11 at prime focus so there's plenty of light, maybe adding a Barlow would help by reducing the light but finding a way to turn auto off and setting the exposure would be best.

Chris

Archived