Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Welcome to the South Wales group!

garethmob

Keep your eyes open on the groups page folks there should be a S Wales group meeting coming up shortly - I think Mike has called for two nights Fri and Saturday 21/22nd November  for the first time to give us the best possibility of avoiding the clouds - they are a really friendly bunch and you'd be most welcome - straight up the M4 from Swansea onto the heads of the Valleys Rd towards Blaenavon- perhaps and hour and a bit depending on the traffic 

heres the link with info  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/228549-observing-session-november-21-22-2014/

• Like 1

This is a great spot for anyone in the area?

51 51' 10" N 3 50' 30" W

Very little light pollution and amazing skies at night. There is a big car park and lots of big flat spots on the hills and mountain especially in the old quarry on the mountain.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm living in llanelli and often go to the highest point in llanelli for some gazing and it's a pretty awesome spot !! Milky Way was even visible there last week and had a great 3 hours solid clear skies viewing !!

Scott,

Where is it that you go? I tried Pembrey Mountain the other day but there were some chavvy cars parked up and I didn't want to stumble into anything dodgy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Scott,

I'm not on Facebook yet! As soon as I sign up I will let you know the details.

It looks like there could be a number of people in Carmarthenshire interested. There should be plenty of dark sites for us.

Cheers,

Peter

Guys who want to join the facebook group for the club I have posted a new thread in the South Wales group describing how to join the group but easiest way is to like my facebook page 'Scott Phillips Astrophotogtaphy' then I can add you as a friend and finally add you to the group

Scott,

I cant find the Carmarthen Astronomy Club page on facebook but I have just liked your Scott Phillips Astrophotography page so if you can add me to the group please

Cheers, Carwyn

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...