Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

garethmob

Welcome to the South Wales group!

Keep your eyes open on the groups page folks there should be a S Wales group meeting coming up shortly - I think Mike has called for two nights Fri and Saturday 21/22nd November  for the first time to give us the best possibility of avoiding the clouds - they are a really friendly bunch and you'd be most welcome - straight up the M4 from Swansea onto the heads of the Valleys Rd towards Blaenavon- perhaps and hour and a bit depending on the traffic 

heres the link with info  http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/228549-observing-session-november-21-22-2014/

• Like 1

This is a great spot for anyone in the area?

51 51' 10" N 3 50' 30" W

Very little light pollution and amazing skies at night. There is a big car park and lots of big flat spots on the hills and mountain especially in the old quarry on the mountain.

• Like 1

Hi,

I live in Leicestershire, but originate from Llanelli and spend half of my weekends there with family. 

Is there any one in that area doing anything?

Tim

Hi, I'm living in llanelli and often go to the highest point in llanelli for some gazing and it's a pretty awesome spot !! Milky Way was even visible there last week and had a great 3 hours solid clear skies viewing !!

Scott,

Where is it that you go? I tried Pembrey Mountain the other day but there were some chavvy cars parked up and I didn't want to stumble into anything dodgy!

I go up the top of Swiss Valley hill, limited light pollution but great viewing, have seen the Milky Way on many occasions

Anyone around llanelli / Swansea area ?

Hi Scott,

I'm from the Morriston area of Swansea

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

Hi,

There is a guy living in Five Roads Llanelli, who would be interested in setting up a club for Carmarthenshire. Please drop him an email, I only know his name is peter and he runs this site 

www.astro-video-cameras.co.uk   email is peter@five-roads.co.uk

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi I am from this neck of the woods and would love to meet up with some other keen eyed stargazers on a clear night :)

I'm about to start a facebook group with Peter for carmarthenshire astronomy club so if you leave your facebook details below I will add you to that group and all info will be on there then

Hi Scott,

I'm not on Facebook yet! As soon as I sign up I will let you know the details.

It looks like there could be a number of people in Carmarthenshire interested. There should be plenty of dark sites for us.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Scott, just created a Facebook account under Peter Thomas. What other details do you want from me.?

Peter

Ok I can't find you but if you like my page 'Scott Phillips Astrophotography' I will be able to add you then and once the group page is up you will be a member

Facebook Page/Group now created "Carmarthen Astonomy Club" please feel free to join and contribute.

Peter

Guys who want to join the facebook group for the club I have posted a new thread in the South Wales group describing how to join the group but easiest way is to like my facebook page 'Scott Phillips Astrophotogtaphy' then I can add you as a friend and finally add you to the group

Scott,

I cant find the Carmarthen Astronomy Club page on facebook but I have just liked your Scott Phillips Astrophotography page so if you can add me to the group please

Cheers, Carwyn

I do apologise for this but i can't seem to find the problem,

"Carmarthenshire Astronomy Club" I typed in using my friends profile and it came up ? I have added you now though anyway carwyn no problem

• Like 1

I have liked your Facebook page Scott if you could add me to the group that would be great can't find it for love nor money!

Hello my friends from the TRUE capitol of Wales.

Just bought a Skyliner 8" Dobsonian.  Man its big

Whats happining in South Wales?

Hi Scott,

I'm from the Morriston area of Swansea

Cheers

Pete

hi Pete,

I used to live in Clase.  But now I don't... (West Cross)

Cheers,

Mark