NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

101 moments of total frustration

stevetynant

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of these from last night

113) Driving to our usual "dark spot" to find another car parked there (wonder what they were up to...) then driving round for 40 mins to find another decent spot.

114) Finally finding a decent spot and setting up then realising the finderscope is in the dining room because you took it off to look at the sun

116) You get ready with your binoculars as it looks clear outside, you go outside and it suddenly decides to cloud over, the weather then decides to look clear again, and then get cloudy... I managed to see Venus and Mars but not the Pleiades as they were covered by the cloud >.<

Tell you what. the next time an unnerving spider decides to terrorise my garden, I'll send him over to your garden. You lose mosquitoes and I lose the spider!

Gardeners best friends... mind you.. the midges are worse than the mozzies :D:eek:

117) Give up a beautiful weekend to trim back the lazy neighbours leylandi surrounding your garden and have grown like Canadian Redwoods only to find that despite now being able to see far more sky you can also see the street lights glaring from accross the road ggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

110) Having your partner ask for you to take you out seeing with them then complaining when the night is young to "come home it's cold."

Not happy right now there was still loads too see with magnificent clear, dark skies! :D

That's your fault there buddy you have made sure she was layered in all toasty and cannot possibly get cold. And with a flask of hot choc "go sit in the car then!!"

I wont let 'im indoors come out with me unless he's dressed for the artic!

That's your fault there buddy you have made sure she was layered in all toasty and cannot possibly get cold. And with a flask of hot choc "go sit in the car then!!"

I wont let 'im indoors come out with me unless he's dressed for the artic!

It is not that simple. My wife can get cold observing in Olly Penrice's place in southern France in summer, when everybody else is observing in t-shirts, and she is wearing a thick fleece jacket. Certain people just do not manage to stay warm. I am lucky: I can wear t-shirts in winter. I must have a perfect astronomer's metabolism. :D

It is not that simple. My wife can get cold observing in Olly Penrice's place in southern France in summer, when everybody else is observing in t-shirts, and she is wearing a thick fleece jacket. Certain people just do not manage to stay warm. I am lucky: I can wear t-shirts in winter. I must have a perfect astronomer's metabolism. :D

:( Wrap her up in a duvet with a hot water bottle?

I would have thought that mosquitos and spiders would have raised the body temperature a bit...? If not, try putting your hand on a hornet while you're fine focussing - I did!

Chris

Olly's place is pleasantly devoid of mosquitoes (either that or I was too excited to notice). Spiders don't bug me :D.

Odd that a hornet was out at night, usually they return to base at or just after sunset.

This is the more usual strategy. Saves me having to watch "Holland's got talent" (no it hasn't) or "X-factor" (I call it Y factor, as in "whY on earth would I want to watch this?- factor) :D

You'd be safe in my house, noone of that sort of thing goes on here.

Archived