Just thought id say HI

Ewan

Morning all ;)

Thought i would pop in to say a big hello & thanks for all your help so far.

I have been cruising this forum for a while taking in a lot of advice from a lot of posts with regards to buying a new scoope.

My wife & i bought a Tasco 114mm about 20 odd years ago but we have had a very busy life work & children :-) & not used it as much as we may have.

The seas have calmed a little now & business is good at the moment so i decided we needed an upograde.

Last night i put in an order with Teleskop-Services.de for a Celestron C8 Sgt-XLT on the Celestron Advanced GT mount - GoTo mount with tripod, Flexible Dew Shield, 12v 3.0 mains adapter, 2" WA EP ERFLE 38mm / 70° ... 2" 99% DIELECTRIC star diagonal, Microstage Digimount & a Foam filled case for various lenses (although they say they cant see the order this morning but my money has gone out :)).

I hope this selection was a good choice as i feel i have been careful before ordering this kit ?

So hopefully once my order is sorted & dispatched i will be popping by for some advice i guess so i would like to say thanks in advance ;)

Look forward to meeting you all.

Good news Ewan looks like your research has paid off. Look forward to reading your first report on how the scope performs and generally putting it together - congratulations.

Wishing you clear skies for when the boxes arrive!

James

Wow wow wow :-)

What a welcome, very glad to meet you all so far & thanks for being so friendly.

Great comments so far especially JBM1165's about my research & the scope i chose, well what can i say..................i did do my homework & i hope i get a lot of clear skies & great views but it's because of THIS forum & YOUR research i made this choice & bought this setup, without which i may never had took the plunge.

I have been interested in astronomy ever since i did an essay on the subject at school when i was 14, blimey how long ago ;), got an A- for it & enjoyed every bit of it.

Now, years later, married & a family i'm going to start enjoying the subject all over again with my family, one of the reasons i bought this setup is i thought it may be good for my children to take a 'sky tour' (if the unit does it) & get them interested in something other than the internet & facebook. My 6 yr old, Gabriel, can't wait to take a peek at the planets.

But it comes down to forums like this & with people like you that help & encourage the likes of me & i can't thank you all enough, i look forward to the future in using our new equipment & getting some 'insider tips' from you guys for some fantastic night sky rides.

I'll let you know if my 'missing' purchase is going to turn up (sure it will) & if i manage to connect all the bits the right way up :)

All the best guys & thanks

Clear skies all

Hi Ewan,

Welcome to the forums.

I think you will be well pleased with the scope, as will your kids.

I still get "Ooooohhh"s from my 6 & 5 yo grandkids with the moon (Which should look really good though your 38mm).

Archived