Howdy from Oregon

LenGazer

Well ive got the bug, last year i inhereted a 60mm bausch & lombe refractor telescope... never used it untill the other night.. got a good look at the moon, and from what i gathered after an internet search, a peak at M44. pleiedes or w/e its called. It was Amazing that a 40 year old telescope could still work that well.

Long story short, i got the astronomy bug, went and snagged me a 4.5" celestron reflector, it was delivered yesterday. set up went wonderfully even tho the GEM mount was alot to take in all at once.

Now...... for the weather to cooperate :(

~LenGazer

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well ive got the bug, last year i inhereted a 60mm bausch & lombe refractor telescope... never used it untill the other night.. got a good look at the moon, and from what i gathered after an internet search, a peak at M44. pleiedes or w/e its called. It was Amazing that a 40 year old telescope could still work that well.

Long story short, i got the astronomy bug, went and snagged me a 4.5" celestron reflector, it was delivered yesterday. set up went wonderfully even tho the GEM mount was alot to take in all at once.

Now...... for the weather to cooperate :(

~LenGazer

Interesting to see that even in Oregon you have to wait for the weather too - that is a perennial problem in the UK. As long as you can avoid fungus and dirt on the len ses, some of the oldies can still deliver. Enjoy the astronomy bug!!

Archived