Hello from Birmingham

PorkyB

Hello from another noob in Birmingham. Although I have always admired the night sky, Mrs bought me a book for Christmas and that's all it took to get me hooked. I bought myself some nice TS 10x50 bins and am now starting to learn how to use them.

Living in the centre of a very light-polluted city I have been having trouble finding a decent observing site. I thought I had found somewhere good, at least for the summer, in the Clent Hills, but last week a large group of dog walkers (well I think that's what they were doing :blob10: ) turned up at 2am, so I might have to find somewhere else.

I have already found this forum most useful in helping me choose the bins, so thanks everyone.

I might go and say hello at Birmingham Astronomical Society and see what's happening there.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for your welcome.

First time out for the bins, just for a couple of hours. Jupiter and a couple of moons, Pleiades (spectacular!), Orion Nebula. Not a bad start :blob10: Now I have to get out of the city to somewhere properly dark...

Archived