Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Cannock Staffordshire

Drane

Just thought I'd say hi to you all :lol:

I'm Dave from Cannock, Staffs some of you here may know me from the UKAI site (have seen some peeps I know here) :)

I do class myself as a bit of a noob although have had my setup for nearly two years now but will admit finding the learning curve very steep indeed :D my biggest problem is sorting out polar alignment :p usually spend most of the night trying to get that sorted :lol:

my setup consists of a C9.25" EQ6 Pro Mount, William Optics ZS80II ED APO Piggybagged onto the 9.25" , PST , Canon 300D, Atik 2HS

I also have a small grab and go SLT Mount with a WO ZS66

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony..... just sen you avatar so you into Aphex Twin ? :D Have never found anybody who has even heard or him nevermind listens to his music :lol:

Dave

Dave, we have much to discuss :p.....

Tony..

Tony..... just sen you avatar so you into Aphex Twin ? :D Have never found anybody who has even heard or him nevermind listens to his music :lol:

Dave

Dave, we have much to discuss :lol:.....

Tony..

Yep sure have :p

Good Evening Dave (Sorry couldn't resist the HAL impersonation.)

Jonathen

Oh very good, very good !!

hello Dave, and welcome to SGL, lots of info, lots of fun, lots of people in the same boat as yourself (ME) a goodly few jokers in the pack but most of all a very friendly bunch of guys and gals, nar then, nar then(sorry couldn't resist the Jimmy Saville impersonation).

Karlo

PS Nice bit of kit there

Welcome to SGL Dave. The kit you have is what I intend to get eventually when I drift over to the dark side of astrophotography. A C9.25 on an EQ6 was my original choice before I decided to put astrophotography on hold for now. I decided to get back into the visual side first :lol: after a break of over 20 years so I've settled on a mighty fine 12" dob. Now if only these damn clouds would go away :D

holds hand up as another Aphex Twin listener. :p

Hello Mr Drane :p

I'm from Willenhall (on Staffs border) so fairly local to you :lol:

For myself I'm almost ready to "take the plunge" with some kit after spending time using 10x50 binocs & learning the basics (constellations, bright stars, etc).

Know any good dark sky sites :D

Enjoy the forums.

A.

Archived