Better Late Than Never

phodso

Hi all,

I am Phil and I live in Lincoln.

I took this hobby up in 2003, but have had a few years away due to getting married and having a family.

Well the kids are getting older now and my oldest daughter reminds me how good it is to see something like the moon close up. (The wow factor we have all experienced at some time).

For those of you who know Lincoln we have a couple of tourist attractions which are illuminated most of the night, my problem is they are almost in my back garden.

Do any of you guys and girls know of some good dark locations in the area, preferably somewhere I wouldn't run the risk of being hit by passing cars.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The joys of the Cathedral hey phil?! welcome to the forum. I live just south of Lincoln down in Waddington and am pretty such there are a few good dark sky sights south east of you. If you search for 'dark sky locations in lincolnshire' in your favourite search engine you should find something. i cant remember the website name off the top of my head but know there are places near by from asking the same question myself!

clear skies, steve

Thanks for the welcomes, and yes I do have Lincoln Cathedral around the corner. Just to make things worse new houses have been built directly to my south which has 2 lovely spot lights for the car park (Also blocked my view of the caslte).

Have come across this website which others may find useful

http://www.avex-asso.org/dossiers/pl/uk/index.html

Cheers

Phil

Archived