NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First night out with my first telescope

laaj19

Hello just want to say I have just stood in my back garden amazed at how good the moon looked through my first ever scope.

I know a lot of you will have seen this a number of time but wow this has really got me excited such detail.

I really can't believe it.

After seeing images of the moon and what I should see when I get it set up I still didn't believe I would see anything that good.

How wrong I was. I really have a lot to learn about setting things up right but tonight has been a great start.:hello2::hello2::):headbang:

Hi and welcome to the forum. The best thing about observing is that you get to see objects for real be it a star, the sun or of course the moon. The changing position of the terminator as it climbs across the moon's surface provides an endless amount of detail that is truly fascinating. You can access many lists on the web such as the 'lunar 100' which helps you find and identify some of those amazing details and there are others too.

Wishing you continued clear skies for this adventure!

James

Hi laaj19, welcome to the forum,

I have just recently bought my first proper scope and I agree with you 100% - WOW!

I can't believe where the time goes when I am outside.

This is pretty much how my night goes after looking at the moon for quite some time: Okay now I'll look at Jupiter, now M42, I should go in now my hands are getting numb they're so cold, hang on a minute, one more look at the moon. I wonder if I can get Jupiter any clearer in the ep. Ohh that's nice. Now just one more look at the moon. An hour later - I must go in my hands are getting numb, just one more look at...

Archived