NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL has moved to a new, improved, sponsored server!!!!!

We have decided that one of the best things about SGL is that it is free. Though several members are clearly happy to contribute towards the running of SGL, there are some who cannot (for whatever reason). Therefore, we feel it would be detrimental to the atmosphere of SGL to accept donations.

With that in mind, we have struck a deal with Steve at First light Optics. Steve has kindly offered to cover SGL’s server costs. This will allow us to move SGL onto a larger and more capable server and to continue to move it as our membership grows.

Knowing the costs are covered will allow us to concentrate on the task of running SGL.

As members, you already contribute - you are SGL - without you there would be no forum.

So, thank you for making SGL so warm, friendly and informative. We look forward to welcoming our 2000th member!

SGL Admin. :wink:

Apologies for the extended downtime everyone, there were a few bumps in transferring the site across (hence the lack of sleep!)...

The new server is much faster than the old one, it has more memory, bigger and faster drives and is hosted in a newer, better data center. It should be quicker both in terms of loading speed and download speed.

It also gives us alot more scope for new features, we have a ton more space :wink:

Thanks Steve!

Well done to you both, Steve for supporting the forum so enthusiastically and Grant for his never ending work to keep us all talking. :cheers: :salute: :salute: :salute:

naz

Grant - Cheers for your hard work and lack of sleep. Would I be annoying you if I said it might be a clear night tonight?

Steve - Lovely gesture mate, a big thanks from me!

Tony..

Good work squire. Shall I pass through with a couple of cans of Red Bull?

EDIT: Just noticed how much faster this new server is. It really does make a difference doesn't it?

Tony..

D'oh! Hadn't noticed that one...

Its probably because the site has moved from a server in one data center to a server in another, the new data center is still in America but could be in a slightly different time zone... I'll get that sorted right now :wink:

Cheers Tony!

I think this new setup is much snappier than the old server, could just be me but pages are extremely quick!

BIG HUGS AND CHEERS TO STEVE ,HIP HIP HIP HOORA!!!

GUESS WE'LL ALL NEED TO FIND THINGS TO PURCHASE OFF FLO (SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD SHOULD IT?)

WELL DONE STEVE, AT LEAST THAT PUTS AN END TO ONE PARTICULAR THREAD

KARLO :wink: :blob4: :cool: :blob2: :lol:

The emails have been a bit messed up today so any pms you might have sent, the person probably didn't receive a notification email, this is fixed now...

Apologies for this one,

Grant

Well done Grant for getting it moved and fixed (I did have some minor withdrawl symptoms yesterday though - phew).

Cheers to Steve for his generosity. Now if I just had some money to spend at FLO......

Martin

Another very generous gesture by FLO, thanks Steve, you are a diamond.

And I am sure everyone on SGL would like to to pay tribute to Grant, the Captain of this wonderful spaceship ss SGL, and also to his crew of moderators who guide the ship, and it's many happy passengers, as she sails through the ocean of knowledge and learning.

Ron. :wink:

And I am sure everyone on SGL would like to to pay tribute to Grant, the Captain of this wonderful spaceship ss SGL, and also to his crew of moderators who guide the ship, and it's many happy passengers, as she sails through the ocean of knowledge and learning.

Thanks Ron, but I'm not the captain :cool: I'm just the web guy who takes care of the geeky stuff, you have a team of admins looking after you and pushing the forum forwards, organising star parties, sorting out sponsers and generally looking after the place :lol:

Thanks Ron, but I'm not the captain :lol: I'm just the web guy who takes care of the geeky stuff, you have a team of admins looking after you and pushing the forum forwards, organising star parties, sorting out sponsers and generally looking after the place :p

Geek, good Lord, who ever applied that name to higher intellect people, it's insulting. In any event sir, you play a major role in the entity that is SGL. I pay homage also to all the other guys who complete the mechanism of our forum.

:cool:

Grant,

Like to add my thanks for your much appreciated hard work, your a top bloke indeed! :salute: :salute:

And also a BIG THANKs to Steve! :salute: :salute:

My this forum continue to grow and inspire others :wink:

James :cool:

Archived