Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Google Chrome Issues

Damo636

Are you using Nortons anti virus

A BT engineer (when I had similar problems) said that Chrome + Nortons dont mix

Went back to IE8 + Nortons, and the problem was cured

Seems fine to me - even with Norton. If clearing the temporary files etc does not help I would suggest that you delete the installation completely then reinstall as it is possible that it has become corrupted.

I only use Chrome now. On XP and Win7 and don't have any issues.

I do agree that Norton and Chrome tend to give issues. We had a couple of machines at work with Norton and as soon as we changed the AV software Chrome went back to it's normal speedy self.

Hope you get it sorted.

Ant

I have had problems (slow page loads) with Chrome on my laptop when connected to my work network, but no such problems when at home.

I researched and tried to find a solution, but to no avail.

I resorted to using Firefox at work.

Callum

Ok, i am at a loss as to whats going on here. I use AVG so not an antivirus issue. I have uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled but no better. I have tried out Firefox, Safari and the dreaded Internet Explorer and all is fine with with any other browser :D

The puzzling thing is that i have been running Chrome for a few years now and up until last week its been completely trouble free. Back to the drawing board:icon_confused:

Ok, it was a long shot and as i suspected made no difference. I have resorted to using Firefox for Sgl and Chrome for everything else. There was a time i would have tinkered away at something like this until i had it sorted but now it just seems easier to have a second browser for use with Sgl. I have planned a complete reformat of the lappy in the near future and this will probably sort it out, fingers crossed!

• 1 year later...

Archived