Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all.

Finally got my scope today, a nice and shiny new Celestron CPC800 plus some other bits and pieces to go with it, I can't express in polite language how frustrating the wait was until I got paid at the end of July and be able to hand over the cash to get my eager paws on it..

I've got one of those. Its a superb scope. You'll need a dew shield for definite and probably dew tape.

I've got one of those. Its a superb scope. You'll need a dew shield for definite and probably dew tape.

Bought dew shield, tape and a tape driver with the scope, I was forewarned by many people that the front end was a dew magnet on my scope, off to halfords for a 12Ah jump starter box for the tape this weekend, all ready have one for the scope.

Not a problem Kieran.Not sure what the forecast is like this weekend but I'll be good for sat night?

Sounds like you had a productive night crash if the weather is good next week I may be up for a nights viewing as I really need to make a start again?

i didnt use the paracorr and tbh im debating if it is worth the money or not although im yet to try it with decent skies yet so will fully reserve judgement.what it does add is a pound of weight which means im upto 4kg of counterbalance when below 45 degree's and that still isnt quite enough!!

I'm on early Tuesday morning so afraid i'll not be able to make it crash sorry.

At present suffering from a self induced hangover and also aching legs after a 65 mile bike ride yesterday but may be able to make it tonight if the weather picks up?

Archived