SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to tracking information, my eyepieces are currently with uk customs!not bad to say i only ordered them on thursday morning.obviously they could still be with customs anothere week or two but fingers crossed :)

Will get the scope out about 11pm for an hour.

Sky's are crystal clear here perfect seeing conditions that storm has cleared the sky nicely shame my cellar flooded again and feel sorry for the poor sods of hebden bridge and todmordon the railway station and town is under water!!!

On a good note I'm just imaging a few more Messier's tonight just on with M39 as we speak with post pic's tomoz.

m40 is rubbish,its something i will never bother with again.

just had proper first light with the 16" in the garden.first things first,couldnt figure out how you are meant to use the paracorr properly so didnt bother.had a few back garden firsts.ive seen m31 from the garden in the 12" but never m32 and m110 so the extra aperture helps there.same with m51,couldnt see it in the 12" but could in the 16".m13 in the 16" even at 30mm(only ep untill the 100 degree ep's arrive) show much better resolution than the 12".fairly sure i split the double double in at 60.96x mag but not 100% so will try again.cant wait for some dark skies and dark sites to get those faint fuzzies!!!

on a negative note,2kg of counterweight is not enough for the 30mm on its own and 4kg is barely enough below 45 degree with the 30mm in the paracorr.its a really front end heavy scope with a big ep in it,much more that the 12" skywatcher

Sounds like all having a good night. I have given up due to cloud, but did get almost an hour in. Spend some time on Andromeda, looked great, saw another meteor and an iridium flare as well as a few clusters I will look up when I get back home to my Herschel atlas. :smiley:

Crash sounds like you need to raid a gym to keep that beast of yours counter balanced.

look forward to seeing your new images Kieran.

I just took the straight through finder scope out and brushed up on a few constellations.

Picked out Andromeda again easily and managed M13.

Kieran I also thought I could pick out the milky way dust lanes but probably just my imagination knowing where it is.

Hope its good tonight cos I'm going to try a session.

I thought there was a chart with the parracor indicating the settings crash?

Sky's are crystal clear here perfect seeing conditions that storm has cleared the sky nicely shame my cellar flooded again and feel sorry for the poor sods of hebden bridge and todmordon the railway station and town is under water!!!

On a good note I'm just imaging a few more Messier's tonight just on with M39 as we speak with post pic's tomoz.

Living on top of a hill at Grange Moor has some benefits then :smiley: ( apart from when it's windy). Hope all your gear is Ok Kieran, Oh and VN shots from the 27th.

Been lovely at Harry Potters castle in Alnwick today even got some sunburn so had high hopes for tonight unfortunately its now raining with total cloud cover... Typical, I had scoped out some possible really dark sites for later. :embarrassed:

Archived