NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ir was a good night, made an ok start to the Messiers thanks to Crash and Nick. Shame my first attempts at star trails didn't work ok, but hey-ho live and learn. That wind was a pain and the temperature really seemed to drop later on. Enjoyed it though :D

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Ir was a good night, made an ok start to the Messiers thanks to Crash and Nick. Shame my first attempts at star trails didn't work ok, but hey-ho live and learn. That wind was a pain and the temperature really seemed to drop later on. Enjoyed it though :D

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

A really excellent turn out last night and as soupy said the company was excellent and for me a change.

Sorry you couldn't make it Steve.The car park was quite full and some great views were had by all.

Glad Paul managed some views on his new working goto and think the success went a long way to keeping the cold at bay.

Just got to mark off my messiers from last night and probably continue the hunt tonight ;-)

A really excellent turn out last night and as soupy said the company was excellent and for me a change.

Sorry you couldn't make it Steve.The car park was quite full and some great views were had by all.

Glad Paul managed some views on his new working goto and think the success went a long way to keeping the cold at bay.

Just got to mark off my messiers from last night and probably continue the hunt tonight ;-)

was a very good night last night - many thanks to crash for letting me peek through his scope, you certainly know your way around the sky and globs look rather lovely in a 12" dob.

had quite a bit of success gettng things on my own, which makes a nice change! Having the piggyback 70mm scope with a 20mm ep and x0.5 focal reducer in made a wonderful finder scope, really quite impressed - quick squizz through the finder cross hairs, then final jiggle via the 70mm and bingo - its in the ep on the newt! Positvely flew about the sky finding stuff!

Although i still havent bagged m81/82, its just too blumming awkward getting the eq mount to point all the way vertical, same with trying to get to the double cluster late on before i went, how do you get an eq to point north(ish) and below polaris???

anyhow, great to see you all and soupy - hope that battery lasted ok and you refill ALL those bottles back up with that lovely cider :evil:

Crash count me in for that as Kirby Moorside to Castleton area looks like it will be really decent skies. Had a Google street view and thumbs up. Gimme a shout and I'll have a trip up there with you.

Thanks accepted paul and any time you need some more help let me know as its no problem at all. Glad it all came together and you were viewing a few objects.

Wife's away for the next 2 days so I can't get anywhere except back garden. Fingers crossed it stays clear for you guys.

battery lasted about 40 mins Nick before scope was complaining the voltage was too low, it dropped from 13.4 to 11.2 in that time so it must be like the one in the garage! I have asked rich to get me a new one though so should be sorted with that, cheers anyway :smiley:

Hopefully soupy the weather will be kind to us and will be interesting to try somewhere I hope is darker.

That CGEM was a beast and what I saw had some nice views, comparable to crashes dob. Although for ease and speed of set up a dob is unbeatable.

Weather still looks good for tonight so.hoping to tick off some caldwells and herschels and hopefully that elusive m83 once and for all.

Be setting off about 6:30 mapster so up there for about 8pm ish after ive checked a few places out

Archived