Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Damian and Nick blueberry cider it is! Will let you now when I can bob round to pick battery up Nick so it's not left out, but pm me address and I will drop you a few bottles when I pick it up. :drunken_smilie: All I ask is that you save me the empties so I can refill them at some point as I have more on the go :tongue: . Thanks for all the help guys.

tonight is not looking too good but I suppose there is time for it to clear yet. :clouds1:

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im never upset that its cloudy when there's a full moon out :D

have a new book on the herschel 400 so going to start working my way through that and hoping next the bank holiday weekend i can find somewhere in galloway to get m68 and m83 although its probably a bit north for those

Briefed misses if it was cloudy tonight. Might go out tomorrow night so I should be up for it Damian.

Crash my new Herschel atlas lists the 400 so I might have to have a go at that as well to try to get the certificate!

Great stuff soupy.

I've just had the tri atlas B printed on A3 Matt laminated at the local printing firm.

Cost a small fortune and going to get it ring bound for field use but should last a lifetime.

Will have to get used to using it then, think turn left is a good book though just a little more detailed back up doesn't go a miss.

what sort of price to get triatlas done fella as im considering buying the uranometria all sky guide(can message me if you dont want to publicise)

im hoping to get from my current 59 to about 200 of the herschel 400 by the end of the year and hoping maybe to still get my 200 galaxies aim and all the messiers but may have to settle for 108/110 if i dont manage m68 and m83 soon :(

Crash the atlas (108 pages) I had a few options (paper quality,single/double sided,coverings ) so printed on 170gsm quality A3 paper booklet form it would've cost just under £30.

I had it Matt laminated on both sides during print which added another £40.Also the cost of getting it ring bound too which I've yet to price?

So quite an investment and I've yet to see it as I pick it up tomorrow.I'm sure you'll get to see it?

Couldn't wait picked it up today and they have done a fantastic job the quality is top notch.

I just need to get it ring bound with a quality front and back cover.

Got a firm in mind to do that at denby dale so will sort it tomorrow so that'll be another update.

Its matt laminated crash, on the paper itself not like those pouches that need hot laminating on so with the correct sharpie marker or maybe a pencil I guess you could tick them off? The finish is not too dissimilar to a really high quality matt magazine cover or car brochure to try to describe it?

Without the laminate on decent quality paper maybe the way to go if you are uncertain? I had the lot printed off but to save cost you could just have down to the horizon that you'll see printed off? The printing firm I used at the top of my road were really obliging. :smiley:

Not looking great for later Damian. Might have to call it off what you think?

cheers for battery Nick, got it in garage on the motor cycle optimiser charger to give it a boost! Enjoy the cider :grin:.

It may actually be the same type of finish as my herschel guide then.i would want the whole lot just incase i do a southern hemisthere trip.im going to research as im not sure between the tri atlas and the deep sky hunter ome that was posted on here recently.think i will have a look at yours before i decide.think i will order uranometria 2000 in the mean time

It does seem to be brightening up over that way soupy although if its not clear by 9 then i'll crack open a beer and maybe just try the patio if it clears later on?

No problems crash once I have it spiral bound it should be ready for viewing.

Think you're right Damian. Cloud here it almost total so it is prob going to do the same at winscarr later :embarrassed: Not sure if I can do tomorrow night so will have to see but Monday might be a goer!

Archived