Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a ball Kieran yes. Halloween today looking forward to an amazing American Halloween. Should be clear tonight as well so might get some stargazing in too. Set off back home tomorrow night so have to try to make the most of it.

Sounds like you are using your time well enough Rich with all those objects bagged, but I suppose with an observing plan you'll hit that Herschel 400 in no time.

can't wait to get back and join you all observing again.

Hope you guys got out to do some viewing tonight. Was cloudy and rainy here in Arkansas. But I have had a delivery of my new Atik Titan CCD camera today so very happy and can't wait to get it home and give it first light :-)

Paul - I had an Atik Titan. I got some images I was quite pleased with but you may find you struggle with the small chip size.

Did you get the OSC or the mono version?

Got the mono Sammy, will just be pleased to get something useful. Once I do maybe then I can persuade misses I need a bigger chip model...

Hey up Paul, long time, we were worried about not seeing you. Hope you are up for a meet soon and come along to the WADAS mets and join us.

Got the mono Sammy, will just be pleased to get something useful. Once I do maybe then I can persuade misses I need a bigger chip model...

Hey up Paul, long time, we were worried about not seeing you. Hope you are up for a meet soon and come along to the WADAS mets and join us.

I found that with the cooling on there is very little noise with these CCDs - so you probably don't need dark frames etc. Much better than a DSLR in that respect.

hi all, long time no contact!....hope you guys are well. Good to see that WADAS has taken off, well done :-)

Nice to hear from you Paul we have mentioned you a few times wondering if you were o.k.

I was out last night for a good 3 hours and got quite a few item's.Really need a dob now as I'll be able to see more so we are on with ordering the mirror blanks.Hard work ahead.

Weather isn't looking good for weekend.I should be able to make the birstall gathering with Steve and Kieran as I'm not working now.

Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) from early doors this morning very poor image due to a lot of hazy high cloud had to settle with 60s exp's unguided.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/astronomer69/10613846383/

Tried to spot it before work this morning at daft o'clock, sorry to say I failed miserably. I've seen a few other images of it and a lot of them seem to have a touch of green to them. Is that a result of the imaging conditions or is it a sunlight absorption / reflection property of the comet?

Good shot, Kieran, even with poor seeing. Wish I had the patience for imaging! I'm going to try to print some of your pics out large to show at the Green Witch thing tomorrow - unless you already have? I don't have much decent photo paper left, that's the only slight problem....

Good shot, Kieran, even with poor seeing. Wish I had the patience for imaging! I'm going to try to print some of your pics out large to show at the Green Witch thing tomorrow - unless you already have? I don't have much decent photo paper left, that's the only slight problem....

I've not printed any out Steve. I will try get there for about 9:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived