Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not good Kieran. Hope it tries to clear some time this week!

Good luck with the grinding and new dobs Rich and Damian. I used my mates Dob on Halloween night to get a great view of Venus, half phase. Tried to image with camera but couldn't get the focus point so I am not currently sold on them but with a bigger aperture you never know. :-)

It's good though because the temperature is more stable so seeing conditions should be better when it's clear.

Don't know where to try tonight,really don't want to do Sutton field again,way too much light pollution north and south and I want to get the helix in Aquarius if possible

I got out last night from half 11 to 4 although I didn't seem to have a productive session as the light pollution east from home seemed to be much worse than usual? Although I am looking over the centre of barnsley.

I tried for several NGC's but couldn't make them out?

Struggled with dew but mainly frost icing both my eye piece and finder.

Need to do darker skies and hoping galloway is going to be superb.

I've not enough time to drive an hour either way to a dark site but might do winscarr tonight as up there with soupy last time was really productive.

If you are out and about at Winscarr tonight I might get a drive over maybe bring new camera see if I can get first light. I won't be out too late though still suffering from jet lag and I know it will get worse before getting better! :-)

I think they are about the best as the guys i talked to at the green witch event only mentioned them?  Give them while the end of the week and i'm sure they will get back to us

Weather looking clear although i can see clouds over winscar way but hopefully be able to get up there and do a couple of hours galaxy bashing!

Dunford bridge crash its just over the dam wall and the little hamlet you drive through to get to the small car park which i'll take a look at tonight and see if the building site has gone? will look to be in the main car park.

Just got to the little car park and the building site has all but gone.Only the fencing left now

Just waiting as there is some clouds about and some rain in the air.Gonna drive round to other car park to sit it out?

How you doing Kieran up there is it still clear?

Just got to the little car park and the building site has all but gone.Only the fencing left now

Just waiting as there is some clouds about and some rain in the air.Gonna drive round to other car park to sit it out?

How you doing Kieran up there is it still clear?

Archived