Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't sound good Rich, hope you get it sorted out properly.

Just off to bed but had a peek at Jupiter through Bins, looks beautiful, then had a glimpse at the Moon before almost blinding myself. Looking forward to those Lemmon pics Kieran, been a little too windy and a spot or two of drizzle up here to set scope up.

That doesn't sound good Rich, hope you get it sorted out properly.

Just off to bed but had a peek at Jupiter through Bins, looks beautiful, then had a glimpse at the Moon before almost blinding myself. Looking forward to those Lemmon pics Kieran, been a little too windy and a spot or two of drizzle up here to set scope up.

I had same prob with drizzle was on and off covering scope up coz of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

this morning was blooming lovely! jupiter was shining like a beautiful jewel near the moon when i got up to take the dogs for a walk before sorting girl-child out with breakfast and school etc.

was tempted to kick the dogs back in the house and drag the scope out for half an hour...

hopefully 1st November time.will drop them an email the day before asking for a final price for two mirrors including postage then sort the money out as my bank have now decided on limiting bank transfers to £350 unless you tell them(go into branch which is impossible if you work) otherwise.should be just over £400 each for 22s and ive found an ebay supplier who does a kg of 60grit for £12 posted :) I still need to get a slightly bigger weight disc and decided cast iron will be ok as I intend to wipe the mirror down often.my sagittal requires 9.5mm for an f3.6 2000mm focal length.once I get to that depth I will start with a tile tool and 220grit then 400 grit.then then pitch lap time,testing and then mag 15 galaxies :)

hopefully 1st November time.will drop them an email the day before asking for a final price for two mirrors including postage then sort the money out as my bank have now decided on limiting bank transfers to £350 unless you tell them(go into branch which is impossible if you work) otherwise.should be just over £400 each for 22s a nd ive found an ebay supplier who does a kg of 60grit for £12 posted :) I still need to get a slightly bigger weight disc and decided cast iron will be ok as I intend to wipe the mirror down often.my sagittal requires 9.5mm for an f3.6 2000mm focal length.once I get to that depth I will start with a tile tool and 220grit then 400 grit.then then pitch lap time,testing and then mag 15 galaxies :)

Easier said than done but sounds like plain sailing.

I've not settled on a focal length yet and 2000mm may be better and easier to achieve and works out at just over F3.6 so that parracor will come in handy.

Plus thinking about it making two the same will be easier as we'd be able to compare them for shape and figure.

Does the firm only accept bank transfers?

Not sure what they accept payment wise yet but will find out when i email next week.i agree with doing them the same but im actually thinking long term,shoild we do 20's then the next step is 24" or do 22s where the usual next step is 30".such a hard decision its doing my head in.

I'd settle on either although a 20" would be easier to lug about but not much.

Doubt I'll ever go to a 30" unless I move to somewhere dark where I could just wheel it out from a garage and after the first I May not want to grind another?

Thats the thing,we may not like grinding enough to finish this one yet!i wonder what the hours difference is between grinding a 20" and a 22".its a big choice and one that needs to be made before ordering.you were going to do an 18" and was going to do a 20" to start with

Decisions? decisions? well the 4" gaps seem to be getting shorter crash? either way its going to be a big jump for me but need to make a start. I don't finish work till 8 on Tuesday so with the 2 hours it would take me to pack the car up and get up there it wouldn't be worth it. 

I assume you got the UTA sorted crash?

Upper Tube Assembly :cool:  Yeah i'd like to but as I said will get there late and having been on nights Monday to afternoons Tuesday its quite a killer sleep wise. I'll see how my shifts go and get back to you

Well next feb i will have been observing 2 years and i started with an 8" 200p,after 6 months i bought a 12" 300p and a few months ago bought a 16" so at the moment i gain 4" every 6 months :) a 20" would keep the 4" size upgrade but a 22" is soooo tempting

At the moment I'm gaining a new scope every 2 months as now I've got an 80mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You guys and your aperture fever... Hope weather holds up for you on Tuesday night.

Arrived in cloud in Arkansas last night but weather looks a lot more promising this morning.

Looking forward to clear dark skies tonight to get my mates 8" Orion Dob to see what I can get. Latitude here is 36 north so should be able to get quite a few of the lower down Messiers and see some more new sky.

Archived