Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame you all got bad weather,,a little too much beer tonight has put an end to scope out but we did watch a very bright ISS earlier in the evening.

Glad your Dob is in good order Rich, a very lucky escape.

Weather keeps changing for tuesday night so likely it will end up cloudy anyway.dont think ive had a dark sky session for about 6 months now as its only ever clear when theres a full moon

Fingers crossed all this horrid weather will blow itself out and we'll have a clear and crisp November.

If not it'll be back to the grind ;-)

Shame you all got bad weather,,a little too much beer tonight has put an end to scope out but we did watch a very bright ISS earlier in the evening.

Glad your Dob is in good order Rich, a very lucky escape.

Hope the beers were worth missing what sounds like a clear sky Soupy.

So jealous as it's just clouds and more clouds here and the gaps we've had have been early morning but Jupiter has looked fantastic just wish I could get a viewing session in.

Just spent half an hour in the back garden before going to work :-(

Sky very clear and dark here so I hope you guys manage to get out and do some viewing

Hope tomorrow night is as clear as I may get up to winscarr for a session as I think Hawes is gonna be just a bit of a push crash

Good luck with tonight guys. Been patchy cloud here today but still some sun breaking through, been warm enough to be in t-shirt. Should clear up a little for later will get Dob out if so.

Last night was worth the miss Damian yes, and I'm sure there will be a few more clear nights to come this week.

Just been out with Dob, caught ISS and 2 other satellites. Showed Andromeda and Mizar double to friend we are staying with. First galaxy and double he has seen. But as he is working tomorrow had to call it early. Not sure I could get used to using Dob... ;-)

Hope you guys got out to do some viewing tonight. Was cloudy and rainy here in Arkansas. But I have had a delivery of my new Atik Titan CCD camera today so very happy and can't wait to get it home and give it first light :-)

Got my new Orion 80mm EDT CF yesterday went out last night for first light but kept getting caught in rain showers so got nowt done also my Canon 60Da has decided to stop working so need to try and get it fixed for next Wednesday or May have to cancel my Galloway trip

I went out last night and had showers to contend with!

Tried twice but gave up having only seen one messier and two NGC item's.

Got up this morning and crystal clear typical

I've read a couple of threads about the canon Kieran so have a search.You might have to try the CCD just as a back up Kieran

I managed another 15 galaxies and 20 herschels but sky quality wasnt amazing but did improve as the night went on.im not a fan of the field site at sutton bank as you get lots of residual light pollution from the light dome of teeside to the north and york to the south.i should have stuck with the visitors centre which for me is a bit darker overall.packed up just after 12 as my eyes were tiring and dew had started falling on the primary.need to sort a horizontal fan to combat this in future.

Well just found out canon is bust so need to try and get in touch with canon to claim on guarantee so will no have for Galloway trip. As a last resort I've just sent my 550d of today for astro mod so will at least av a camera at a costly £180. Totally Guttered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived