Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end could barely see the lights on the mast and I was right under it! I drove home and low and behold there were the lights on the mast clearly visible and above me Jupiter looking down mockingly! Typical! :mad:

talk about lowering the tone!!!

and yes, as usual it was clear as a bell when i went out for a ciggy at about 10pm. Thats twice this has happened now - last time at horbury school we gave in and went for a pint and came back out to beautiful skies, last night withthe fog and then it cleared. Why does it have to clear up after 10pm when i;m all snug in front of the fire with a whiskey?

Hi guys, I have followed an example of our friends in Wales and created a GOOGLE MAP that could help us when we are getting together, finding new observing sites etc.

The idea is to add ROUGH locations of where we all are to the map and also add EXACT locations of the observing sites we have tried out.

If you feel like being a part of this please post your rough location, i.e. only first half of your postcode (for security reasons).

I will add it to the map.

If you have a OBSERVING SITE to add, post its geographical coordinates, name and a brief description of it.

And finally, If you wish to have be able to EDIT and ADD to the map yourself, PM me with you email and I will activate the access for you.

I will be gradually copying this around the threads of groups in Northern England on here, hopefully it could be of use to us all.

Thanks

Matej

here is a link to the map:

http://maps.google.c...7f21c8474de29e7

Archived