SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

typical. Solid cloud for 90 minutes, so we went to the pub. Sit and chat for a bit and just set off home and all the stars are now twinkling down on us..............

Never mind, was good to meet you all and chat! Fingers crossed for next time.

Also if the promised cold spell hits us next week with some clear skies, a home up for meeting g up at the TV tower at emley moor?

Nick

Good to meet three completely different people tonight :-) Shows that there's a good number of us now.

Hopefully we'll have a good group in February (Soupy's gonna sort us out for the week of 4 Feb at Parker Road), or before if anyone suddenly gets the urge to go spotting :-)

Just got back, after stopping off at TV Mast for 10 mins to admire the stars that eluded us earlier in the evening! Nice to meet Nick and Dean again and Steve for the first time. I'm up for a meet at the mast next week if all clear. The road side is bright so might be a small issue with aligning but looking towards the mast skies seem pretty dark.

I am up for next week just got home and the skies are clear just hab the bins out for a bit orion neb jupiter pliedes all very bright tipical hope to see you all again soon keep me posted

astropanel is now showing tomorrow night as -7C (brrrrrrrrrr) with excellent transparency! only 2 bars, when the usual is 3 or 4.

really keeping every part of my anatomy crossed, as its been 4 weeks since i last had the scope out and it would be excellent to get it out on a really beautiful clear night at a good location with some good company. just wrap up WARM!

Archived