Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll be bringing my celestron 130 and my little frac for giggles (on the tripod resting on the bonnet of the landrover, its quite relaxing to look through).

If anyone has a laptop and webcam they want to stick in my frac, by all means bring it along. I;m not precious.

I'll be bringing my SW200PDS and power tank, it has 2 power sockets but not sure if it has the lasting capacity to run more than my HEQ5 but i can try it if someone wants to bring a lighter cable for their set up.

Skies looking clear so far... could be a very good night, but wrap up warm!

Hi guys. Think I must have just missed you :-( Got delayed at my daughter's Xmas concert (joy...) and thought I'd give it a go and see if you were still there at 11.15! But knew it was unlikely...!

So, what did you see?! Maybe I'll get my scope out now to make up for it....

Hope I can actually make it next time!!

Steve

Great night lads, sorry to have missed you Steve, early Geminids, a few nebulae, Neptune, Uranus and Jupiter to name a few. Well worth the trip down. Look forward to another night in an even darker site! but the fields were not that bad. :grin:

Just added an unprocessed Orion Nebula will need to get some better pics next time.

yes it was really good to meet up with you all last night - didnt catch anything new though as I was still having issues using that stupid red dot finder thingy, probably spent more time lining up than viewing!

but never mind, caught my favourites and had a look in a nice big scope at jupiter (aperture fever strikes!)

cant wait to meet up again.

Nice shot Sammy, I got one earlier as well, but there was a thin band of cloud. Might get the chance to post it later when i get home.

I have spoken to the headteacher and she was very impressed we managed to get some viewing in, considering how cold it was. I told her we astronomers were made of stout stuff! I have to organise a viewing night for my year 11 astronomers so will be going back there some time in January, she is fine for us all to go back down at the same time (I had to check for child protection) so if you are all up for it again then I will be organising another aroud the 9th or 10th January around the new moon. :cool:

Yes welcome reggyp, looking at a possible date early Jan, 9/10ish at Parker road fields again. I'll get it sorted at school this week and let you all know if we have the go ahead.

I will be doing some observing with my astronomy class so will have 16 students with me, but they have coursework to do so should be relatively busy making mostly unaided observations of Magnitudes and such.

let me know if you are interested so I can gauge numbers :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived