Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Tried the guidance upgrade for my EQ5 mount tonight. Pretty impressive, though because of all the houses and trees round my house it was actually quite hard to find three stars to align to! Managed it in the end, and had pretty good results. Never had RA tracking before, so very excited that Jupiter stayed in the eyepiece at high mag rather than disappearing in 20 seconds!

Hope to get some advice on how to refine the set up - fine tuning the backlash settings, etc. but pretty good!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be able to get a spare key so I can lock up when we are finished, so bring the scope Steve as we might not have to leave at 10! Are you going to run it from the car then or try to get a powertank?

Steve - I'm glad it worked OK for you. I remember being amazed when mine brought the ring nebula bang into the middle of the eye-piece.

It's been good skies tonight. I've just come in for the night and am warming up with a cup of tea and mince pie.

I should be there late on, I don't know what I supposed to be doing for the brother in law's birthday yet, but I can't see it going all night.

Rich said ehe has a meeting 7-9 and should be able to make it down after also.

Update on weather looks like it will be partly cloudy with 20% chance of rain 2oC with a little breeze feeling like -2 (wrap up warm). We'll have to see closer to the time, but might get some viewing in!

Still on, I am aiming to get there about 7 and get the gates open, will have a set of keys for locking up after so can stay till late if needed!

So far we have Soupy, SammyB, Crashtestdummy, Rich Bentley, MarkMayf, Stonemonkeylives, Nicks90, Stevemuir, Dean W.

Hope I havent missed anyone out, and if anyone else comes the more the merrier!

Archived