Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

102 frame moon mosaic

MikeD

From Friday night,

1500 frame avi's x 102.

Stacked with auto batch processing in avistack ,wavelets applied in registax and put together with imerge.

I had some issues, like a strip of bad seeing while the moon crossed paths with the bad air from next doors chimney ( the strip level with the straight wall).

A thin strip of missed overlap I had to sort with my 91 frame mosaic and some cloning.:clouds1:

There are some other issues but I will try to address them after a break from the data.:D

Below is a 20% version and the full size image is HERE

Mike.

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture15589-moonmosaic-03-02-12-sgl20.jpg

Look fantastic Mike :D

Always a pain missing a tiny bit out. It's not as easy as just copying from an earlier image as the libration and exact phase will almost always be different, but you've done a great job there - I can't see where the cloned bit is.

102 panes...??? "Wow!" hardly scratches the surface. Stunning etc etc etc...:clouds1:

I don't know whether to be inspired or completely demoralised by the amazing standard of much of the lunar work displayed on here this weekend.

I expect the mods who did POW are glad it's "on holiday" at the moment, because I'd hate to have to choose a shortlist of 10, let alone a lunar "winner"...

Hats off to you all. :D

Thanks again all.:)

With avistack it's not the huge task it used to be. My first large mosaic was 120 frames and that was processed in registax and took me over 3 weeks to put together.:icon_salut:

Mike.

Any chance of putting together some tips on how best to do batch stacking in Avistack Mike? I used Registax and it took a while!

Helen

Hi Helen,

To be honest I haven't really learnt how to use Avistack2 I just left eveything set to default (apart from the type of file and where to save it) loaded all my AVI's and let it do its thing.

Avdhoeven has but up a detailed work flow for Avistack here....

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-tips-tricks-techniques/174418-lunar-processing-workflow-maximum-sharpness.html

You could use that work flow on the first avi and then load up all the other avi's and select...... Settings/ processing/all automatic(except post-processing) then hi-light all the avi's and hit the batch processing tab on the bottom left.

Hope that helps.

Mike.

Archived