Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Shropshire

ToxoLight

A Big Hi to all you Guys and Girls in the lounge and let me introduce myself.

My name is Ian I live in ruralish Shropshire and am looking forward to retiring from the working world in the not to distant future.

I've been a longtime casual observer of the wonders of the Cosmos, since Yuri and the Mercury flights, with 10 x 50's but now intend to go Deep Sky most probabely with a SW 200p dob.

Plan A, 1) Join local Astro club - 2) Build an Obs - 3) Purchase a 200p

Plan B, go straight to 3)

I look forward to getting to know you all and having some good chats.

Best regards

T L

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. Could always go for 'C' namely to join a club and see what kit they have that they might lend to you in the short term to see what you're able to see in the night sky. This will help your research into whether the 200p is what you really want (....it's a good scope by the way) also to maybe experience different types of scopes (no one scope does it all) and it will take the edge off of spending any money until you are sure if you want to commit any further.

Choices, choices but its good to keep your options open! Clear skies for now

James

Hi Everyone and thanks, especially gfletcher and JBM, for your warm welcome, I feel at home in the lounge already.

As with anything new I welcome all advice and different perspectives, I've been reading in the lounge for some time already and picked up pleanty of info.

I intend to see/try as many different scopes as possable before I committ but I must admitt a dobby is the way I would like to go,(at the monemt) the simplicity is what attracts, nothing to blame if it goes wrong only the user and finding your way around the stars is all part of the game.

Talking of finding your way around, with the weather at the moment (snow here) I've just opened up Stellarium for a quick fix.

Wishing you clear skies

TL

Archived