Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Cambridgshire!

jaycee900

Hi all, i joined this forum 4 days ago, but never said hello, how rude!

Anyway I'm Jay, 34 and have an 11 year old son, my Interests are Gaming, Sports and Astronomy, I run a webblog (Lemmings Ports) about the old computer game 'Lemmings' if anyone remembers playing that when they were younger!?

I've had an interest in the 'stars' for many years but due to location and other reasons I've not 'got into it' so to speak, until 5 years ago which is when i bought my first scope, well i rushed into buying one, it was a Celestron 8" reflector, cant remember which model, but for a beginner i was totally out of my depth with it, and sold it 2 months later after just managing to view the moon!, maybe it was misaligned or something? who knows! Anyway 5 years later, after getting cash back after clearing a loan, it was time to have another go!

What you see in my sig is the scope I ordered last night from the help from you guys :) after a long 4 days of changing my mind from a 4SE, 127 etc! And along with the goto and Google Sky i will hopefully at least find the objects in the sky! focusing and photographing them is another matter, but I'm up for the challenge this time!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jay,

Where abouts in Cambs are you? Just thought i'd let you know about St Neots Astronomy Association, we have regular monthly meetings over at Paxton Pits Nature Reserve. Check out the website www.snaa.co.uk.

Should you need any help or advise with the new scope you are more than welcome to come along.

regards

Richard

Hi Jay,

Where abouts in Cambs are you? Just thought i'd let you know about St Neots Astronomy Association, we have regular monthly meetings over at Paxton Pits Nature Reserve. Check out the website www.snaa.co.uk.

Should you need any help or advise with the new scope you are more than welcome to come along.

regards

Richard

Hi, I'm in Huntingdon, though unfortunately i dont have a car to transport my scope etc around, but thanks for the info i'll have a look at the website in a minute.

Oh my scope arrived today! Even though i asked for a tracking number and i didnt even get an email to say it had been sent! luckily my gf was in to take the parcels!

Archived