NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New guy from Nebraska, USA

OverNiven

Hello,

I am a newly registered member. About 25 years ago I was introduced to Astronomy by my 7th grade Science teacher who started an Astronomy club at the school. It was a very small school, and we were lucky to someone that knowledgeable. I think a lot of kids in the school had seen some kind of small refractor before, but he had this, for the time gigantic 17.5" reflector telescope that he used to pull behind his car and setup at the club outings. Back then, it got me very interested in purchasing a scope, but never did as the cost was too much and I was side tracked by many things.

About 15 years ago, on a whim, at the shopping mall of all places, I picked up a Meade ETX 90. I used it off and on over the next few years when I could and really, really enjoyed it. I never got out as I wanted to. Over the next few years, my scope was put away with all intentions to get it out and spend more time with it, but it never really happened, til now.

A month or so ago, I pulled out the telescope and spent some time with it. I've been out a few more times and have been really enjoying myself. A week ago, I bought some Celestron Binoculars and a book on Star gazing. Nothing too fancy, but the reviews were kind. I've been enjoying reading the forum posts on here, so I decided to register.

I may break down and get a larger scope at some point, but right now I am going to spend some time with this little Meade ETX and my new binoculars.

I hope to be able to contribute in some small way.

Archived