Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rudely Awoken!!!

UnderTheRain

How could you manage a lie in when a new scope was arriving. I was up at a stupid hour for my delivery yesterday because of my excitement.

Kids at Christmas morning have nothing on me:D

And I bet that murphy's law came into play and the delivery turned up at 5pm :(

That's one heck of a beast you have there, looking forward to seeing some unboxing photo's later that's a given right ? you must be built like Arnie what'sisname to lug that thing around :o excellent scope the wonders of the universe are there for you to discover congrats and good luck with it.:(:p

And I bet that murphy's law came into play and the delivery turned up at 5pm :(

Actually, I was fortunate - it arrived about 9.30, so I had all day to put it together and make sure it all worked (mechanically). Of course, I will have to wait until after the obligatory 2 weeks of cloud before I can check it out optically.

Thinking about it ... it seems a lot of people are buying atm, so this could be good for us all ... all have the 2-week period together rather than having them spread out over 2/3 months (+). Or doesn't it work like that?

Epic fail on reading the manual it's assembled already :icon_scratch: the only photos I took were of the ota and head assembly but here they are. Going back to read the manual properly now :D The ota is easily managable on and off the tripod even by myself all the weight is in the head even without the counter weights its a big heavy lump but still manageable. I just want to say a big thank you to FLO and especially Martin for his help and advice the service from them has been first class. They went out of their way to ensure that I could get this scope the week after xmas thank you very much.

post-29851-133877715271_thumb.jpg

post-29851-133877715278_thumb.jpg

There I was this morning lazily enjoying a nice lie in when I was rudely awoken by a banging at the door by the man from Fed-Ex I have decided to forgive him though :icon_scratch:
Wow! A 'scope and mount so powerful, they even defy the Law of Gravity and attach themselves to a vertical stone wall!:D:D:D

Have fun - once Gravity restores itself to normal...:(

i worked with my postie years ago in my first job. how now shouts through the letterbox to get me up (i told him to) but it freaked the misses out when she was off a few weeks before xmas. when it is big boxes like yours he shouts at me when i open the door as well... with a smile though... my fault for living on the top of the hill though ha ha ha you want to hear him when it snows. ;-)

My wife today decided we needed some shopping supplies, i have a Telrad due, well ordered yesterday afternoon, so i live in a deadend, we get in the car, down the driveway, there's a delivery van a couple of doors down the road, van driver looks at me and gives a thumbs up, 20 hours from ordering to delivery..:icon_scratch:

Archived