NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 5070

Roy

Hi everyone,

This is my first contribution to the forum hope you like it.

This was my first attempt at guiding with my C9.25 and I had a few issues but all in all I'm fairly happy with the result.

Details

IC 5070

WO66SD

Guided with C9.25

Camera - SXV-M7

4 X 15 mins Ha

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind comments lads

Roy is a very good imager and has been around a while , so we can expect some really nice work from him

:police:

Stop it Rog, your making me blush :oops: :oops:

It's more luck than judgement I can assure you

Hello Trev,

I have the C9.25 mounted on a G11 and my WO66SD is piggybacked on the C9.25

I use an SXV-M7 to image and guide using an Atik 2HS.I've also recently fitted a very nice Moonlite motor focuser.I had to fit another counterweight to compensate for the added weight of the focuser which you can't see in this picture.

Here's a pic of my setup as it is at the moment minus the Moonlite focuser and extra counterweight.

There are a good few class imagers on SGL Roy, so it's nice to welcome another. And please dispense with the modesty. It's a nice quality, but out of place on here. If you turn in great images, you are going to get plaudits a plenty, and you have no say in the matter. So just keep sending them, and we will keep enjoying them.

By the way, I like your picture a lot.

Ron. :police:

Hi roy,

Glad to see the c9.25 being put through it paces and that it's coming together.

I am not too familiar with the pelican so I don't know the image scale but, is this image taken with a reducer of any kind/what is the focal length for the image? I only ask as 15 mins (guided or unguided) is an impressive exposure length with such good tracking.

Anthony

Hi ya Anthony,

I may have misled you, this image was captured with a WO66SD using a Celestron 6.3 reducer and guided with the C9.25

Cheers m8

Hi Roy,

No misleading at all. I can see it now that i am awake, (read it a bit late last night).

Still - 15mins is not to be sniffed that. I imagine there are easier ways of guiding than through a long focal length SCT. The field of view must be dim and narrow. Good thing it's a starry area of the sky

Anthony

I imagine there are easier ways of guiding than through a long focal length SCT.

Anthony

Your absolutely right Anthony which is why I've decided to swap the C9.25 for the ED80 and hopefully I'll do a bit better.

Cheers m8

Archived