Hello from Canada

vtekvtek

Hello and welcome to the SGL.

Must get real cold up where you are - hope you wear warm gloves when you do get your hands on it :)

Wishing you many clear, dark skies with many years of fun with your new scope.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I am in the throes of upgrading to an 8SE from its baby brother (6SE). They are nice scopes and you are in for a treat.

i got lucky too, picked up the bundle from telescopes.com just before the price went up plus i asked them on the phone to give me and extra $60 off >>>LINK<<<

can anyone suggest what i should get next in terms of filters or eye pieces?

I would suggest that you get used to using what you have there, and wait to add extras until you know what you want and why you want it. This is a hobby that can eat money and it is not uncommon to end up with a load of gear that never gets used (been there, done that, got the T-shirt!)

Welcome Vtekvtek, both to SGL and Astronomy. Wishing you many happy hours with your new scope.

I am vaguely familiar with your location having stayed with friends in Burlington (just up the road/lake) a couple of years ago.

Lucky you though, you get the aurora from time time.

Carole

Vacuum

Archived