Hello!

Sbaceman

Hi all.

I joined Star Gazers Lounge on the recommendation of a Facebook acquaintance after seeing his amazing celestial photos.

I have always been facsinated by the moon and stars but have never invested in any gazing equipment. I recently photographed the moon with a bridge camera and was pleased with the results - this has inspired me to delve further and I'm now interested in acquiring a telesope.

I don't really have a budget, but can only say that I'm a novce - go gently!

Any advise or recommendations for my first telescope would be greatly appreciated.

By for now

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi and welcome - do you have a local astro club near you where you can hopefully see a variety of scopes before making a decision?

Hi MorningMajor. This is something I will need to look into... thanks for the tip though!

Hi and welcome. The Skyhawk 1145P looks like a good choice for a first telescope but for the same price you could get a bigger mirror in the Heritage 130 dobsonian. Good luck in your search.

Hi Nosivad - Thanks for the tip... I see a wealth of comparison investigations coming on. :p

Archived