NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Christmas Noob

cthorpey

Hi Folks,

I bought my wife a SW 130p for Christmas and she is totally thrilled by it. We have had a good bounce around the site and though I don't usually sign up to forums I reckon I'll at least keep you entertained with all the dumb questions Ii am bound to ask.

Have to say I am really impressed with the quality of help and advice offered on here.

We are in Rhyl, North Wales (somebody has to live here) so the pollution isn't too bad but I am going to take a bit of a drive this weekend and see if I can find some nice dark places up in the hills. Is there a list anywhere of observing sites?

there goes question number 1... it's all downhill from here!!

Cheers

C.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C - Welcome to the SGL. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked so ask away. There are lots of helpful people on here so ask away. We all were beginners at one time in our stargazing and asking questions is a good way of learning.

Hi Cthorpey,

Warm welcome to SGL, just head in land a bit away from the light pollution of all those caravans!!.

If you head out of Rhyl, through Ruddlan and Cwm there is a small woodland called Coed Cwm. Pretty dark there.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Welcome to SGL and to Astronomy.

I had to chuckle at the fact that you bought your wife a telescope for Christmas when you are obviously enjoying using it yourself, but fantastic that you can share this hobby.

You are lucky if you already live in reasonably dark skies as many of us don't have that luxury and have to travel to Star parties and Astro camps to really get away from the cities.

Anyway, ask away, Astronomers love sharing their enthusiasm for Astronomy.

If there's an Astro Group in your area, might be a good idea to join.

Carole

Archived