Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

William Optics Zenithstar ZS70 2012

FLO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not wait a while Sara. Nadeem and John will both have their ZS70s soon so will be posting thier thoughts. Then you can make an informed decision.

You bought your Equinox 66 from us. If you decide to sell it you are welcome to send it to us. I'll happlily advertise it on your behalf in FLO's Clearance section, act as the in-between and and vouch for it's condition. No charge :)

HTH,

Steve

Thanks Steve, very fair - Now hurry up and get those scopes out!!!! I've got a 40th birthday this year!!

I'm going to be examining the focuser very carefully and carrying out some bench tests to see just how well it will handle a heavy load and how smooth it is.

I'm going to use a delrin plug that will fit the focuser with a short conterweight shaft fitted to it so I can try some different counterweights, and will use a dial gauge to measure any slippage when pointed vertically.

John

Excuse my ignorance, as I am a complete nuube, but what makes this scope such a good scope and why do you think it will be so popular? There are hundreds of different scopes out there, so presumably there must be something special about this one that could make people who already have similar scopes invest in one?

I have a CPC925 on a wedge, do you think this would be good as a guidescope for it? or would something like an Orion 80ed be better? What reasons are there for choosing either one?

Cheers

Chris

One of the most important things in this scope for imagers is the rack and pinion focuser. If the focuser will hold imaging equipment then it will become quite popular amongst many imagers. For a guide scope many use the ST80 - Much cheaper than the ZS70

I'll buy one but, Is it available in Gold to match my 110?

I cant be doing with that awful reddish pink anodized colour otherwise I'd buy one.

To me this is a big mistake from William Optic, It reminds my of the hideous American eagle scope... or the Ferrari one that's no better..

I cant be doing with that awful reddish pink anodized colour otherwise I'd buy one.

To me this is a big mistake from William Optic, It reminds my of the hideous American eagle scope... or the Ferrari one that's no better..

The question is Guy, will you be watching the Scope at night or the Sky :), I suppose the colour would really get unnoticed.

Everyone is going crazy on Anodised Red atm...my only concern would be will the colour fade over time....

Nadeem.

I can take that old out dated white WO-110 of your hands at half price if you like...:) you can make room for the new improved option when it gets here...lipstick red maybe...:)

Archived