Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Optics Zenithstar ZS70 2012

FLO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are due to arrive next week :)

Later than predicted, sorry :)

As consolation, we shall include a £25 FLO Gift Voucher free of charge with the first five Zenithstar ZS70 orders placed before Monday 23rd.

william_optics_zs70.jpg

I have edited the post to say the first five orders placed before Monday 23rd. (With new telescopes WO often have an initial low introductory price so we cannot be certain our next delivery will cost the same).

Now seriously contemplating clicking on the buy button.

I think the little Opticstar AR80s could be on it's way to ABS. :)

John

Oh dear, now I've gone and done it and clicked on the buy button. :)

Now to sort out and photograph the gear that will be going on ABS.

John

I too am having a think about one of these instead of the Equinox 66. The deal breaker for me is the focuser, otherwise I will be putting a Moonlite on my Equinox. I look forward to seeing some images and reviews of this. Would there be a difference between the FPL53 glass of the Equinox and the FPL51 glass of the WO?

Would there be a difference between the FPL53 glass of the Equinox and the FPL51 glass of the WO?

The Equinox 66 and William Optics ZS70 both use FPL-51 glass for the ED element. (The Equinox 80, 100 and 120 all use FPL-53).

HTH :)

I'm expecting the focuser to be of good quality, although of course it would be unfair to expect FeatherTouch R&P levels of smoothness and load capacity given the price point. I always found the ZS66's focuser to be disappointing and felt it let down what was otherwise a lovely little scope, so hopefully this should be problem solved with the 70. :)

John

A Moonlite seems a bit OTT for an Equinox-66 and I think you would struggle to claim back the combined cost if/when you resell it.

I do agree with that and know that I wouldn't get the ££'s back. But if the optics on the WO aren't going to be any better, I can't decide if it;s worth biting the bullet on the Moonlite. Suppossing the WO focuser doesn't hold up?

Also, probably my biggest issue is trying to sell on the Equinox, not easy from Spain with courier's and the like. If I was in UK, I would sell it without hesitation.

Why not wait a while Sara. Nadeem and John will both have their ZS70s soon so will be posting thier thoughts. Then you can make an informed decision.

You bought your Equinox 66 from us. If you decide to sell it you are welcome to send it to us. I'll happlily advertise it on your behalf in FLO's Clearance section, act as the in-between and and vouch for it's condition. No charge :)

HTH,

Steve

I doubt you would be dissapointed. I know this is tempting fate but we are confident, assuming WO can keep the price sensible, the ZS70 will become one of this year's bestselling telescopes. Like the Zenithstar 66, but better.

Any thoughts on how this will compare with the Meg72?

That is a good question. We won't know until the new ZS70 arrives. It is hard to imagine them both selling side-by-side. At it's current price and considering the R&P focuser we expect the ZS70 will become the favourite.

That is a good question. We won't know until the new ZS70 arrives. It is hard to imagine them both selling side-by-side. At it's current price and considering the R&P focuser we expect the ZS70 will become the favourite.

My thinking exactly ...

Archived