Hi from Guildford

Paul N

Well, I got my first scope (Skywatcher 150P) on Oct 15th 2011 and since that very night I have been pretty much addicted! I pointed it at the Moon and put in maximum magnification eyepieces and was blown away by the crisp detail! I bought one of those SPC800 webcams on the day too and so I got a recording of my first ever session :). It's been a steep learning curve, and after upgrading my EQ 3-2 mount with RA + DEC drives + polarscope and borrowing a Canon EOS 7D and trying out some long exposures I'm utterly hooked on Deep Sky! I will attach my current best image of the Orion Nebula made up of 9x2min subs ISO 800 stacked in DeepSkyStacker along with darks and bias (but no flats), taken on 27/11/11 at Albury Heath (it was the first time I had joined a group, namely Astronomy4Everyone.). Nice to find more people interested in that which lies beyond our little bubble :)

post-31162-133877702514_thumb.png

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived